Hyperlinks stored in Microsoft Access

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2004
      25/08/2004 David Smith wrote:

      > Does anyone have any experience in using Xenu to validate links
      > stored in a Microsoft Access 2000 database?

      > I am able to run a query to retrieve the website link data, but can
      > not figure out how to go from straight text to html format, so Xenu
      > can check the links.

      > Any suggestions?
      Looks like David Smith does not need any answers as he is
      not going to disclose the format of his plain text file :-))

      It is pretty easy to fetch links from Access into Excel
      (Links into one column and link titles to 2nd column)
      Then, I have VBA macro that checks all the links in selected Excel range and
      puts the result into neghbouring column.
      You need Xenu version with command line support for this.

      Ask me and I will send you this macro.