FTP connection issue

  • irishtek
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2006
      I've recently used Xenu, which is a life saving tool, to help with
      the migration of a website from coldfusion to .net

      I knew the site already had malformed links and in a site of
      originally 45000+ files I'm now below 15000 files and 23000+
      malformed hyperlinks have been fixed.

      Aside from 12029 errors that I get with files containing underscores,
      hyphens, spaces, or start with a number or files within a folder that
      follows such naming conventions. I'm having difficulty with the FTP
      connection for checking orphaned files.

      I'm running on a test server, and I'm not sure if I've missed
      something with this. What should I put in the FTP box it keeps
      telling me that it can't connect to the server. I've tried
      ftp://apptest and just apptest
      Where apptest is the name of the ftp site on our test server.
      Also, I can browse to this location in IE, enter my name and password
      and get in just fine.

      I just want to know what should be entered, so I know I'm not making
      a mistake with the tool and then I can get the network admins to work
      with me to finish testing this piece.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2006
        On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:44:26 -0000, irishtek wrote:

        >Aside from 12029 errors that I get with files containing underscores,
        >hyphens, spaces, or start with a number or files within a folder that
        >follows such naming conventions. I'm having difficulty with the FTP
        >connection for checking orphaned files.

        Weird. Where is your website?

        >I'm running on a test server, and I'm not sure if I've missed
        >something with this. What should I put in the FTP box it keeps
        >telling me that it can't connect to the server. I've tried
        >ftp://apptest and just apptest

        Only the host name. Or maybe the ip address?