Re: [xenu-usergroup] Local Directories above 'Xenu Starting Point'

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006
      On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:18:08 -0000, meteffy wrote:

      >I am having trouble dealing with directories which are on the `real' website but not on my local disk. Also, these directories all seem to be above the directory I specify as Xenu's starting point. However, links to FILES above the starting point are reported 'Status OK.' An example from the HTML code is:
      >
      >../nutrition/
      >
      >For this I get error code: 2 (file not found)
      >
      >I thought I could make Xenu happy by creating a directory called `nutrition' in the right spot in my local directory tree. But then I get error code: 5 (access denied)
      >
      >I thought maybe a dummy index.htm was needed in the local directory `nutrition' but, after creating it, I still get error code: 5 (access denied)

      You cannot check locally directories. Xenu checks only files. That is
      the reason. Setting an "index.htm" makes only sense when you check
      through a HTTP server.

      >For a while I was just asking Xenu NOT to check any URLs beginning with my local tree:
      >
      >file:///C:MyLocalTree/
      >
      >but there ARE some local links I want to check – they are not yet on the `real' website and have ../ in their links.
      >
      >Can you help me avoid the error codes above?

      Make a remote check :)

      Or link to ../nutrition/index.htm instead.

      Tilman

      >Thanks!
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • meteffy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
        Oh, I see, thanks for the info! I'll put

        file:///C:MyLocalTree/ProblemDirectory

        in the box titled "Do not check any URLs beginning with this:" to
        avoid the errors.

        Xenu rocks! :-)

        Teffy