Local Directories above 'Xenu Starting Point'

  • meteffy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 5:18 PM
      I am having trouble dealing with directories which are on the `real' website but not on my local disk. Also, these directories all seem to be above the directory I specify as Xenu's starting point. However, links to FILES above the starting point are reported 'Status OK.' An example from the HTML code is:

      ../nutrition/

      For this I get error code: 2 (file not found)

      I thought I could make Xenu happy by creating a directory called `nutrition' in the right spot in my local directory tree. But then I get error code: 5 (access denied)

      I thought maybe a dummy index.htm was needed in the local directory `nutrition' but, after creating it, I still get error code: 5 (access denied)

      For a while I was just asking Xenu NOT to check any URLs beginning with my local tree:

      file:///C:MyLocalTree/

      but there ARE some local links I want to check – they are not yet on the `real' website and have ../ in their links.

      Can you help me avoid the error codes above?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 9:40 PM
        On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:18:08 -0000, meteffy wrote:

        >I am having trouble dealing with directories which are on the `real' website but not on my local disk. Also, these directories all seem to be above the directory I specify as Xenu's starting point. However, links to FILES above the starting point are reported 'Status OK.' An example from the HTML code is:
        >
        >../nutrition/
        >
        >For this I get error code: 2 (file not found)
        >
        >I thought I could make Xenu happy by creating a directory called `nutrition' in the right spot in my local directory tree. But then I get error code: 5 (access denied)
        >
        >I thought maybe a dummy index.htm was needed in the local directory `nutrition' but, after creating it, I still get error code: 5 (access denied)

        You cannot check locally directories. Xenu checks only files. That is
        the reason. Setting an "index.htm" makes only sense when you check
        through a HTTP server.

        >For a while I was just asking Xenu NOT to check any URLs beginning with my local tree:
        >
        >file:///C:MyLocalTree/
        >
        >but there ARE some local links I want to check – they are not yet on the `real' website and have ../ in their links.
        >
        >Can you help me avoid the error codes above?

        Make a remote check :)

        Or link to ../nutrition/index.htm instead.

        Tilman

        >Thanks!
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • meteffy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 5:15 PM
          Oh, I see, thanks for the info! I'll put

          file:///C:MyLocalTree/ProblemDirectory

          in the box titled "Do not check any URLs beginning with this:" to
          avoid the errors.

          Xenu rocks! :-)

          Teffy