Error code: 12029 No Connection

  • Christian Collins
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
      I'm doing a link check on the site:
      http://www.buriedaliveillustrations.com

      and I get the following:

      All pages, by result type:
      ok 350 URLs 61.95%
      skip type 2 URLs 0.35%
      no connection 213 URLs 37.70%
      Total 565 URLs 100.00%

      When I do the same check on my hard drive Xenu tells
      me that there are no broken links.

      I'm wondering what the "Error code: 12029 No
      Connection" means. Is Xenu having trouble talking to
      the server?

      Any help much appreciated :)

      Christian Collins

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
        Probably a server or network problem. Just press CTRL-R in the Xenu
        window and recheck these URLs.

        Tilman

        On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:10:28 -0500 (EST), Christian Collins wrote:

        >I'm doing a link check on the site:
        >http://www.buriedaliveillustrations.com
        >
        >and I get the following:
        >
        >All pages, by result type:
        >ok 350 URLs 61.95%
        >skip type 2 URLs 0.35%
        >no connection 213 URLs 37.70%
        >Total 565 URLs 100.00%
        >
        >When I do the same check on my hard drive Xenu tells
        >me that there are no broken links.
        >
        >I'm wondering what the "Error code: 12029 No
        >Connection" means. Is Xenu having trouble talking to
        >the server?
        >
        >Any help much appreciated :)
        >
        >Christian Collins

      • irishtek
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2006
          I have seen many such errors 12029 (currently have about 1200 in the
          conversion of an existing website containing nearly 15000 files)

          The 12029 errors that I see occur when a file contains a hypen, an
          underscore, or starts with a number.

          The error also occurs on all files within a folder that have the
          prescribed symptoms, hope this helps.