Re: Javascript help, please

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 24, 2005
      hi scott,

      exactly! so anyone can customize Xenu so it can read the specific
      javascript syntax used on a given website.

      would be great to hear other members of this user group about how
      they have used this Xenu functionality on their websites!

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Yanoff" <yanoff@y...>
      wrote:

      > I get it...it's all up to the regex.
      >
      > Okay, so I played around with it, and I came up with what appears
      to work:
      > Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9= \.]+ *\( *[_a-zA-Z0-9'"]
      *,*
      > *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]
      >
      > Here are the links I was trying to get it to work for:
      > javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--
      apr_calc_pg');
      > and
      > javascript:var x = window.open('/tn/insprods--life_list_pg');
      >
      > It worked!
      > I set up a dummy page with just these URLs and I saw it get the
      correct URL
      > from the Javascript!
      >
      > In looking through the Xenu group archives, I found real help in
      the regex
      > tester at:
      > http://www.regular-expressions.info/javascriptexample.html
      >
      > There, I was able to put in my regex as well as various javascript
      links I
      > wanted to test for.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >

      > -Scott
      > yanoff@y... | http://www.yanoff.org <http://www.yanoff.org/> |
      AOL IM:

      usergroup@yahoogroups.com]
      > On Behalf Of Tilman Hausherr
      > Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 11:34 AM
      > To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Javascript help, please
      >

      > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:36:20 -0000, yanoff wrote:
      >

      > >Xenu is a very good piece of software, thanks to those that have
      both
      > >worked on it and offered suggestions for its use.
      > >
      > >It comes very close to meeting all of my needs, except that it
      always
      > >says "Skip Type" for my Javascript links.
      > >
      > >Here is what I have at the top of Xenu.ini, in the [Options]
      section:
      > >Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[(._a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      > >*['"]((/|ftp://|https?://|www|/tn)[^'"]+)['"]
      > >
      > >Here are the links it is skipping:
      > >javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--
      apr_calc_pg');

      > I suspect that the problem ist that the link isn't the first
      parameter.

      > Others here are better in regexp than me.
      >
      > Tilman
      >

      > >I was really hoping that by adding the "/tn" or "www" to my regex
      that
      > >it would figure out how to parse out the URL at the end of the
      > >Javascript call. Is it because I have two parameters between
      single
      > >quotes? Any help sure would be appreciated, as this is the only
      gap
      > >that Xenu seems to have for me.
      > >
      > >Thanks,
      > >-Scott Yanoff

      > Computer
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Computer+security&
      > w2=Computer+training&c=2&s=46&.sig=BHmcxBg5sKfN9-gcWnJWDg> security
      > Computer
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Computer+security&
      > w2=Computer+training&c=2&s=46&.sig=v0JjJWA4s7mLnWQWdFxuTQ>
      training

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "xenu-usergroup