Re: [xenu-usergroup] Javascript help, please

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
      On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:36:20 -0000, yanoff wrote:

      >Xenu is a very good piece of software, thanks to those that have both
      >worked on it and offered suggestions for its use.
      >
      >It comes very close to meeting all of my needs, except that it always
      >says "Skip Type" for my Javascript links.
      >
      >Here is what I have at the top of Xenu.ini, in the [Options] section:
      >Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[(._a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      >*['"]((/|ftp://|https?://|www|/tn)[^'"]+)['"]
      >
      >Here are the links it is skipping:
      >javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--apr_calc_pg');

      I suspect that the problem ist that the link isn't the first parameter.

      Others here are better in regexp than me.

      Tilman

      >I was really hoping that by adding the "/tn" or "www" to my regex that
      >it would figure out how to parse out the URL at the end of the
      >Javascript call. Is it because I have two parameters between single
      >quotes? Any help sure would be appreciated, as this is the only gap
      >that Xenu seems to have for me.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >-Scott Yanoff
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Scott Yanoff
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
        I get it...it's all up to the regex.

        Okay, so I played around with it, and I came up with what appears to work:
        Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9= \.]+ *\( *[_a-zA-Z0-9'"]*,* *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]

        Here are the links I was trying to get it to work for:
         javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--apr_calc_pg');
          and
         javascript:var x = window.open('/tn/insprods--life_list_pg');

        It worked!
        I set up a dummy page with just these URLs and I saw it get the correct URL from the Javascript!

        In looking through the Xenu group archives, I found real help in the regex tester at:

        There, I was able to put in my regex as well as various javascript links I wanted to test for.

        Thanks,

        -Scott
        yanoff@... | http://www.yanoff.org | AOL IM: SAY KJY

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 24, 2005
          hi scott,

          exactly! so anyone can customize Xenu so it can read the specific
          javascript syntax used on a given website.

          would be great to hear other members of this user group about how
          they have used this Xenu functionality on their websites!

          frank

          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Yanoff" <yanoff@y...>
          wrote:

          > I get it...it's all up to the regex.
          >
          > Okay, so I played around with it, and I came up with what appears
          to work:
          > Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9= \.]+ *\( *[_a-zA-Z0-9'"]
          *,*
          > *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]
          >
          > Here are the links I was trying to get it to work for:
          > javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--
          apr_calc_pg');
          > and
          > javascript:var x = window.open('/tn/insprods--life_list_pg');
          >
          > It worked!
          > I set up a dummy page with just these URLs and I saw it get the
          correct URL
          > from the Javascript!
          >
          > In looking through the Xenu group archives, I found real help in
          the regex
          > tester at:
          > http://www.regular-expressions.info/javascriptexample.html
          >
          > There, I was able to put in my regex as well as various javascript
          links I
          > wanted to test for.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

          > -Scott
          > yanoff@y... | http://www.yanoff.org <http://www.yanoff.org/> |
          AOL IM:
          > SAY KJY
          >

          > _____

          t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Computer+security&
          > w2=Computer+training&c=2&s=46&.sig=BHmcxBg5sKfN9-gcWnJWDg> security
          > Computer
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Computer+security&
          > w2=Computer+training&c=2&s=46&.sig=v0JjJWA4s7mLnWQWdFxuTQ>
          training

          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "xenu-usergroup