Javascript help, please

  • yanoff
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
      Xenu is a very good piece of software, thanks to those that have both
      worked on it and offered suggestions for its use.

      It comes very close to meeting all of my needs, except that it always
      says "Skip Type" for my Javascript links.

      Here is what I have at the top of Xenu.ini, in the [Options] section:
      Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[(._a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://|www|/tn)[^'"]+)['"]

      Here are the links it is skipping:
      javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--apr_calc_pg');

      I was really hoping that by adding the "/tn" or "www" to my regex that
      it would figure out how to parse out the URL at the end of the
      Javascript call. Is it because I have two parameters between single
      quotes? Any help sure would be appreciated, as this is the only gap
      that Xenu seems to have for me.

      Thanks,
      -Scott Yanoff
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
        On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:36:20 -0000, yanoff wrote:

        >Xenu is a very good piece of software, thanks to those that have both
        >worked on it and offered suggestions for its use.
        >
        >It comes very close to meeting all of my needs, except that it always
        >says "Skip Type" for my Javascript links.
        >
        >Here is what I have at the top of Xenu.ini, in the [Options] section:
        >Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[(._a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
        >*['"]((/|ftp://|https?://|www|/tn)[^'"]+)['"]
        >
        >Here are the links it is skipping:
        >javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--apr_calc_pg');

        I suspect that the problem ist that the link isn't the first parameter.

        Others here are better in regexp than me.

        Tilman

        >I was really hoping that by adding the "/tn" or "www" to my regex that
        >it would figure out how to parse out the URL at the end of the
        >Javascript call. Is it because I have two parameters between single
        >quotes? Any help sure would be appreciated, as this is the only gap
        >that Xenu seems to have for me.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >-Scott Yanoff
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Scott Yanoff
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
          I get it...it's all up to the regex.

          Okay, so I played around with it, and I came up with what appears to work:
          Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9= \.]+ *\( *[_a-zA-Z0-9'"]*,* *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]

          Here are the links I was trying to get it to work for:
           javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--apr_calc_pg');
            and
           javascript:var x = window.open('/tn/insprods--life_list_pg');

          It worked!
          I set up a dummy page with just these URLs and I saw it get the correct URL from the Javascript!

          In looking through the Xenu group archives, I found real help in the regex tester at:

          There, I was able to put in my regex as well as various javascript links I wanted to test for.

          Thanks,

          -Scott
          yanoff@... | http://www.yanoff.org | AOL IM: SAY KJY

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 24, 2005
            hi scott,

            exactly! so anyone can customize Xenu so it can read the specific
            javascript syntax used on a given website.

            would be great to hear other members of this user group about how
            they have used this Xenu functionality on their websites!

            frank

            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Yanoff" <yanoff@y...>
            wrote:

            > I get it...it's all up to the regex.
            >
            > Okay, so I played around with it, and I came up with what appears
            to work:
            > Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9= \.]+ *\( *[_a-zA-Z0-9'"]
            *,*
            > *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]
            >
            > Here are the links I was trying to get it to work for:
            > javascript:winControl('formCalc','/tn/global--forms--
            apr_calc_pg');
            > and
            > javascript:var x = window.open('/tn/insprods--life_list_pg');
            >
            > It worked!
            > I set up a dummy page with just these URLs and I saw it get the
            correct URL
            > from the Javascript!
            >
            > In looking through the Xenu group archives, I found real help in
            the regex
            > tester at:
            > http://www.regular-expressions.info/javascriptexample.html
            >
            > There, I was able to put in my regex as well as various javascript
            links I
            > wanted to test for.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >

            > -Scott
            > yanoff@y... | http://www.yanoff.org <http://www.yanoff.org/> |
            AOL IM:
            > SAY KJY
            >

            > _____

            t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Computer+security&
            > w2=Computer+training&c=2&s=46&.sig=BHmcxBg5sKfN9-gcWnJWDg> security
            > Computer
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Computer+security&
            > w2=Computer+training&c=2&s=46&.sig=v0JjJWA4s7mLnWQWdFxuTQ>
            training

            > _____
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            > * Visit your group "xenu-usergroup