Hyperlinks stored in Microsoft Access

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2004
      > I am able to run a query to retrieve the website link data, but can
      > not figure out how to go from straight text to html format, so Xenu
      > can check the links.
      pls post a couple of lines of that straight text file so that I can
      understand a format

      Is it link title and the link itself on the same line :

      Some software http://site.com/dir/file.zip
      Another software http://site.com/dir/file.zip

      or two consequitive lines separated with
      line break, like below?

      Some software
      http://site.com/dir/file.zip
      Another software
      http://site.com/dir/file.zip

      Knowing this, I could post I suggestion.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2004
        On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:28:39 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

        >pls post a couple of lines of that straight text file so that I can
        >understand a format
        >
        >Is it link title and the link itself on the same line :

        a HTML file would look like this:

        I don't have much experience with Access but a lot with SQL. So a
        "SELECT" would look like this:

        YOURTABLE;

        I can't remember if " must be written as \" or as "". You could work
        without, they are not always needed.
      • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2004
          25/08/2004 David Smith wrote:

          > Does anyone have any experience in using Xenu to validate links
          > stored in a Microsoft Access 2000 database?

          > I am able to run a query to retrieve the website link data, but can
          > not figure out how to go from straight text to html format, so Xenu
          > can check the links.

          > Any suggestions?
          Looks like David Smith does not need any answers as he is
          not going to disclose the format of his plain text file :-))

          It is pretty easy to fetch links from Access into Excel
          (Links into one column and link titles to 2nd column)
          Then, I have VBA macro that checks all the links in selected Excel range and
          puts the result into neghbouring column.
          You need Xenu version with command line support for this.

          Ask me and I will send you this macro.