Re: PHP and session IDs

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
      hi tilman,

      i have enabled all cookies now: direct, indirect and session (under
      Privacy > Advanced > Disable automatic cookie handling).

      seems i get less session id URLs, but still find a lot of them, some
      cases 33 for one URL:

      http://stuartdavis.com/images/flyers/stu_11x17poster_color.jpg?
      PHPSESSID=1a5f4aa3adcc1bd55627a196bf16a7bb
      http://stuartdavis.com/images/flyers/stu_11x17poster_color.jpg?
      PHPSESSID=26bd7acfe18ba32f9e2c23c5f19c61d5
      etc.

      is the logic that if cookies are disabled, a session ID is added to
      the URL?

      are these session URLs generated by Xenu while spidering?

      when i look up the properties of these URLs, they all have different
      URLs under "pages linking to this one", for example:

      http://stuartdavis.com/book/print/429?sort=asc&order=Venue&from=50
      http://stuartdavis.com/book/print/429?sort=asc&order=City&from=0
      http://stuartdavis.com/book/print/429?from=50&sort=asc&order=State

      is this all generated by Xenu?

      any input is helpful,

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
        No, I'm talking about *enabling* cookies in Xenu.
        http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#cookies

        (I believe this was originally made for you!!!!)

        I have no idea how Xenu handles cookies. I don't do anything myself, I
        let the WININET.DLL handle it (when enabled).

        Tilman

      • Frank Visser
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005

          Hi tilman,

          Shame on me – how could I forget!

          I set AllowCookies=1 and the issue has disappeared.

          I guess I hadn’t spidered a site that was so heavily cookie based as this one ;-)

          Tnx,

          Frank Visser, Waterpoortweg 279, 1051 pv, Amsterdam

          Author of: Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion SUNY 2003

          Read all about Ken Wilber : http://www.integralworld.net