orphaned files

  • Werner Warweg
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2005
      When trying to search for orphaned files I made some mistakes in the
      entry-menu. But the report of the other information is correct. I think
      it would be very much better, when a "back-button" would give a chance
      to resume and correct the entry.

      When trying to look for bad links once more (Ctrl-R) or getting a new
      report (typing R) I have to make the same entries I done before.

      It would be very much better, when xenu saves the entry (perhaps in the
      .XEN-File) for later using.

      --
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen / regards
      Ihr Werner Warweg
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2005
        On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:59:32 +0200, Werner Warweg wrote:

        >When trying to search for orphaned files I made some mistakes in the
        >entry-menu. But the report of the other information is correct. I think
        >it would be very much better, when a "back-button" would give a chance
        >to resume and correct the entry.
        >
        >When trying to look for bad links once more (Ctrl-R) or getting a new
        >report (typing R) I have to make the same entries I done before.
        >
        >It would be very much better, when xenu saves the entry (perhaps in the
        >.XEN-File) for later using.

        The current beta stores it in the INI file. (Except the password)
      • Michael Hunsaker
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
          Since we are talking about orphaned files, I have a
          general question. We do not have FTP running on our
          web server and I believe this is required for
          generating a report of orpahned files within Xenu? Or
          is there a different way I can get this report?

          As always, thanks!

          Mike

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
            On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 05:01:40 -0700 (PDT), Michael Hunsaker wrote:

            >Since we are talking about orphaned files, I have a
            >general question. We do not have FTP running on our
            >web server and I believe this is required for
            >generating a report of orpahned files within Xenu? Or
            >is there a different way I can get this report?

            The alternative is to copy your website on your local hard disk :-(

            Tilman

            >As always, thanks!
            >
            >Mike
            >
            >--- Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
            >
            >> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:59:32 +0200, Werner Warweg
            >> wrote:
            >>
            >> >When trying to search for orphaned files I made
            >> some mistakes in the
            >> >entry-menu. But the report of the other information
            >> is correct. I think
            >> >it would be very much better, when a "back-button"
            >> would give a chance
            >> >to resume and correct the entry.
            >> >
            >> >When trying to look for bad links once more
            >> (Ctrl-R) or getting a new
            >> >report (typing R) I have to make the same entries I
            >> done before.
            >> >
            >> >It would be very much better, when xenu saves the
            >> entry (perhaps in the
            >> >.XEN-File) for later using.
            >>
            >> The current beta stores it in the INI file. (Except
            >> the password)
            >>

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Michael Hunsaker
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2005
              Yuck! Thanks for your quick response. FTP just might
              magically start running on our web server for a few
              days! :)