Advice needed on Yahoo spam policy

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2005
      hi all,

      every day i get 2 or 3 mails from Yahoo, relating to the xenu user
      group, that apparently have been caught by their SpamGuard service,
      almost all of them are of Chinese origin. the original mails are
      added as attachment.

      looking in my Admin section, however, i see a lot more "Membership
      requested via email", about 30 per day (!), coming in. these are not
      reported as spam by Spamguard, but they don't reach me in the
      regular way either as a request for membership.

      does anyone know if these are spam, or do bona fide aspirant members
      get rejected by Yahoo? I Googled the issue and found many Yahoo
      members feeling SpamGuard was too restrictive so they turned it off
      for their groups -- I could not find this option in my Admin section.

      does anyone have experience with this?

      thanks for any advice,