Re: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu with new look

  • Clive Sabey [CS]
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hello,
      The GUI is an improvement. No problems with the beta version to report.
      To retrieve your personal settings find and copy the 'old' xenu.ini into
      the new XENU folder. It worked for me.

      Bye, Clive

      Tilman Hausherr wrote:
      > On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:43:53 +0200, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
      >
      > >Hello,
      > >
      > >There's a new beta in http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
      > >
      > >The ZIP file has the setup, plus a "manifest" file. After setup, please
      > >copy this manifest file manually in your Xenu directory, then start
      > >Xenu. If you're running Windows XP, Xenu should look more "modern".
      > >E-mail me if there is any trouble. (I tried such a "manifest" file for
      > >something at work, but it resulted in a crash; however my application at
      > >work is more complicated, it has a DLL that outputs an MDI window).
      >
      > I should add that this "manifest" file isn't code, it's just an XML
      > description, which is explained here:
      > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/userex/cookbook.asp

    • Stephen Gazard
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
        just tried it, and I see nothing new, apart from a "tips" box that shows
        a grey screen until I press "next tip", whereupon the tip is there, but
        nothing else (I see only a white box

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
          On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:02:02 +0100, Stephen Gazard wrote:

          >just tried it, and I see nothing new, apart from a "tips" box that shows
          >a grey screen until I press "next tip", whereupon the tip is there, but
          >nothing else (I see only a white box

          Please try to make a screenshot of that. (IrfanView can do this with the
          "C" key)

          Tilman
        • Stephen Gazard
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
            three attachments; the names ought to be self explanatory

            xenu_empty_tips_box.jpg
            xenu_tip_box_partial.jpg
            xenu_empty_tips_no_manifest_change.jpg

            I've got WinXP SP2 (patched up and latest drivers)
            I installed Xenu directly over the other version. I'll not be around
            for the weekend, so won't be able to help on this for a it, but I hope
            the screenshots help you out

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
            • Stephen Gazard
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 8, 2005
                ** resending to just tilman **

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 16, 2005
                  On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:02:02 +0100, Stephen Gazard wrote:

                  >just tried it, and I see nothing new, apart from a "tips" box that shows
                  >a grey screen until I press "next tip", whereupon the tip is there, but
                  >nothing else (I see only a white box

                  Sadly, the problem with the "tips" box is directly related to the
                  manifest file :-( So I'd advise to delete it.