Re: JavaScript links

  • paolotaize
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
      --- Tilman Hausherr wrote:

      > No, because you use "onclick", instead of "href".
      > Maybe a solution would
      > be to put the call in both. Btw, this type of pages
      > never works without JS. Quite annoying :-(

      OK, thanks. I'll look into how I can change the link.
      Paolo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
        In the JAVA Servlet course I took last year, I noticed that the handler
        for POST and GET were the same. This means: it might be possible to
        login from an URL into a Tomcat server by using GET, i.e. put the
        parameters in the URL.

        Such an URL would look like this:

        http://www.host.com/login.jsp?txtUser=tilman&txtPassword=secret

        Try it and tell me if it works :)

        Tilman
      • Stephen Gazard
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2006
          Not sure about tomcat server, but in PHP, server variables for GET and
          POST are different, so you can specify to only login if using a post
          form to the script. All other attempts won't work. It's better
          security to restrict it that way.

          Stephen

          gazard.com <http://www.gazard.com/>
          faith <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=faith> family
          <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=family> forwards
          <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=forwards> photos
          <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=photos>

          Tilman Hausherr typed the following whilst thumping at a keyboard on
          04/01/2006 19:44: