Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Timeouts

Expand Messages
  • martyh95121
    Hello, I have been using Xenu Linksleuth for many months running under Windows ME and a 56K dial-up. Linksleuth *always* ran just fine, and occasionally
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello,

      I have been using Xenu Linksleuth for many months running under
      Windows ME and a 56K dial-up. Linksleuth *always* ran just fine,
      and occasionally helped me out with a broken/bad link or two.

      However, I just installed Windows XP Home on my desktop and I'm now
      running DSL Wireless. What's happening now is that Linksleuth, when
      it hits around 88%, seems to slow down (it even seemed to stall
      once) and then the next thing I know the program gives me the
      complete message, and the last 50/80/100/whatever links are all in
      red and marked "timeout." And the majority of these links are
      internal links, though there are a number of external links that
      also timeout.

      I've added a "Timeout=120" to the INI file, and also reduced the
      number of threads from "30" to "20."

      It's almost as if the speed of the wireless is causing Linksleuth to
      finish before it's actually ready, if that makes any sense.

      Anyhow, I'm not a hardcore techie, but if anyone has any
      suggestions, please let me know.

      Cheers,
      - marty
    • Tilman Hausherr
      ... Simple press CTRL-R to retry all, that s the easiest, instead of trying to find out the cause.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 05:41:28 -0000, martyh95121 wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >I have been using Xenu Linksleuth for many months running under
        >Windows ME and a 56K dial-up. Linksleuth *always* ran just fine,
        >and occasionally helped me out with a broken/bad link or two.
        >
        >However, I just installed Windows XP Home on my desktop and I'm now
        >running DSL Wireless. What's happening now is that Linksleuth, when
        >it hits around 88%, seems to slow down (it even seemed to stall
        >once) and then the next thing I know the program gives me the
        >complete message, and the last 50/80/100/whatever links are all in
        >red and marked "timeout." And the majority of these links are
        >internal links, though there are a number of external links that
        >also timeout.
        >
        >I've added a "Timeout=120" to the INI file, and also reduced the
        >number of threads from "30" to "20."
        >
        >It's almost as if the speed of the wireless is causing Linksleuth to
        >finish before it's actually ready, if that makes any sense.
        >
        >Anyhow, I'm not a hardcore techie, but if anyone has any
        >suggestions, please let me know.

        Simple press CTRL-R to retry all, that's the easiest, instead of trying
        to find out the cause.
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.