Re: [xenu-usergroup] JavaScript links

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:55:56 +0200, Paolo wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >I added
      >Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      >*['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]
      >
      >to my [options] section of the .ini file, as suggested on:
      >
      >http://members.chello.nl/f.visser3/xenu/6-handling-javascript.html
      >
      >However, LinkSleuth (1.2h beta) does not recognise the Javascript links I
      >hoped it would.
      >
      >Examples of unrecognised links:

      >window.open('a03_se1p.jpg','TpWebWizImage','width=800,height=600,menubar=no,
      >resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=no,toolbar=no'); w.resizeTo(849,685);
      >w.focus()" style="cursor:hand">

      >onclick="openPictureWindow('IMG/jpg/1261tz12_w-2.jpg','800','600','','10','1
      >0','','en' )" title="View full size">
      >
      >Does anyone see something I could do to make these JS links "compatible"
      >with LinkSleuth?

      No, because you use "onclick", instead of "href". Maybe a solution would
      be to put the call in both. Btw, this type of pages never works without
      JS. Quite annoying :-(
    • paolotaize
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
        --- Tilman Hausherr wrote:

        > No, because you use "onclick", instead of "href".
        > Maybe a solution would
        > be to put the call in both. Btw, this type of pages
        > never works without JS. Quite annoying :-(

        OK, thanks. I'll look into how I can change the link.
        Paolo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
          In the JAVA Servlet course I took last year, I noticed that the handler
          for POST and GET were the same. This means: it might be possible to
          login from an URL into a Tomcat server by using GET, i.e. put the
          parameters in the URL.

          Such an URL would look like this:

          http://www.host.com/login.jsp?txtUser=tilman&txtPassword=secret

          Try it and tell me if it works :)

          Tilman
        • Stephen Gazard
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2006
            Not sure about tomcat server, but in PHP, server variables for GET and
            POST are different, so you can specify to only login if using a post
            form to the script. All other attempts won't work. It's better
            security to restrict it that way.

            Stephen

            gazard.com <http://www.gazard.com/>
            faith <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=faith> family
            <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=family> forwards
            <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=forwards> photos
            <http://www.gazard.com/structure/index.php?section=photos>

            Tilman Hausherr typed the following whilst thumping at a keyboard on
            04/01/2006 19:44: