Can I change User Agent in Xenu

  • habibknight
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hello:

      I was wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to test our site
      but to enter our site, the developer says this can be done through
      javascript which Xenu could not handle or he said through a user agent
      string. If the tool will let me manipulate the user agent string,
      there is a back door entry that the developer has created that can let
      me in if I can manipulate the user agent so that way I can go in
      through the back door.

      Sorry for the vagueness. I am new to this.

      Thanks

      Haseeb
    • Clive Sabey [CS]
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
        Hi Haseeb,
        I think we need some more details...
        What is the site URL?
        Clive

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
          On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:53:07 -0000, habibknight wrote:

          >Hello:
          >
          >I was wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to test our site
          >but to enter our site, the developer says this can be done through
          >javascript which Xenu could not handle or he said through a user agent
          >string. If the tool will let me manipulate the user agent string,
          >there is a back door entry that the developer has created that can let
          >me in if I can manipulate the user agent so that way I can go in
          >through the back door.
          >
          >Sorry for the vagueness. I am new to this.

          Hi,

          I don't offer a variable user agent, because of the abuse potential.

          If the developer has a "back door", then why can't he change the server
          so that it handles Xenu like any other browser?

          One (possible) alternative is to login through IE, then continue with
          Xenu. However you need to activate cookies. This - including the risks -
          is explained in the FAQ.

          Tilman
        • habibknight
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2005
            Hi Tillman:

            Thanks. We did what you said and basically set the cookie through
            IE. I'm trying to understand something. Does Xenu use the cookies
            from IE? So if I visit a website in IE that requires a login the
            first time and sets a persistent cookie with my encrypted login info
            thereby not requiring me to login on future visits.

            Now If I hit this site with Xenu with the cookie option enabled,
            does Xenu pickup my IE cookie and therefore will let me spider the
            site?

            Thanks
            Haseeb

            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 26, 2005
              On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:16:33 -0000, habibknight wrote:

              >Hi Tillman:
              >
              >Thanks. We did what you said and basically set the cookie through
              >IE. I'm trying to understand something. Does Xenu use the cookies
              >from IE? So if I visit a website in IE that requires a login the
              >first time and sets a persistent cookie with my encrypted login info
              >thereby not requiring me to login on future visits.
              >
              > Now If I hit this site with Xenu with the cookie option enabled,
              >does Xenu pickup my IE cookie and therefore will let me spider the
              >site?

              Only if you enable the cookie option. See
              http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#cookies

              Sorry for the delay. It took 10 days for this posting to pass moderation
              (which exists to stop the spammers), and it was outside of my normal
              mail window. Frank, you should bring up a co-moderator (not me).

              Tilman