Re: Issue checking links that open in new windows...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2005
      hi richard,

      and of course, either way, for the http://external.web.site/ URL to
      be included in the scan, you need to enable:

      "Check external links"

      in the Xenu starting point menu. Otherwise it will be skipped.

      let me know if it works for you.

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "frank visser"

    • Richard Warnock
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2005
        Thanks for the replies Frank :)

        I should have been more specific: I am checking
        non-public CFM pages behind the KSC firewall.

        I have also modified the xenu.ini as suggested with
        the regex provided by both Tilman and yourself. Thank
        you both for providing that functionality.

        The issue with the illegally coded popups is not
        addressable from my end... the content on www.nasa.gov
        is now aggregated portal content provided by any of
        the 10 NASA centers or NASA HQ.

        It appears that plain links as well as the
        disclaimered links are not being seen by Xenu.

        My site list only shows two pages, the currect page
        and the index page.

        This may be due to the inability to change the user
        agent name. I understand why Tilman left that
        capability out; I've read his previous post regarding
        that issue.

        So I suspect it may end up being an issue with the
        Cold Fusion server not liking Xenu.

        Thank you for doing all of www.nasa.gov, I truly
        appreciate your kindness as well as your time :)

        I check web pages and sites for compliance with the
        KSC standards and Section 508. If anyone here has any
        questions about either of those, I'm your guy :)

        Just e-mail me directly because this is the Xenu user
        group :)

        Thank You,
        Richard Warnock
        richard.warnock-1@...