Re: Issue checking links that open in new windows...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2005
      hi richard,

      on a closer look I see now that the root URL for the NASA site is

      http://www.nasa.gov/

      so in that case, you have to add this URL to the field "Consider
      URLs starting with this as 'internal':

      http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/

      so Xenu will include this as well.

      or alternatively, use the second as start URL, and include the first
      as internal.

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "frank visser"

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2005
        hi richard,

        and of course, either way, for the http://external.web.site/ URL to
        be included in the scan, you need to enable:

        "Check external links"

        in the Xenu starting point menu. Otherwise it will be skipped.

        let me know if it works for you.

        <f.visser3@c...> wrote:
> [...]
        for
        > > more
        > > > than two years now. Thank You, Tilman :)
        > > >
        > > > I am having an issue checking links that are coded as follows:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/disclaimer/?
        > > target=http://external.web.site/
        > > >
        > > > The purpose of this formatting is to display an intervening
        > > > disclaimer page that tells the user that the next page seen is
        > not
        > > on
        > > > the KSC web site and therefore we are not responsible for the
        > > > content :) CYA at it's finest :)
        > > >
        > > > Any ideas about how I could add the ability to check these
        links
        > > > without first stripping them of the disclaimer coding?
        > > >
        > > > Thank You,
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > > Richard Warnock
        > > > Space Gateway Support, Associate Software Test Analyst
      • Richard Warnock
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29, 2005
          Thanks for the replies Frank :)

          I should have been more specific: I am checking
          non-public CFM pages behind the KSC firewall.

          I have also modified the xenu.ini as suggested with
          the regex provided by both Tilman and yourself. Thank
          you both for providing that functionality.

          The issue with the illegally coded popups is not
          addressable from my end... the content on www.nasa.gov
          is now aggregated portal content provided by any of
          the 10 NASA centers or NASA HQ.

          It appears that plain links as well as the
          disclaimered links are not being seen by Xenu.

          My site list only shows two pages, the currect page
          and the index page.

          This may be due to the inability to change the user
          agent name. I understand why Tilman left that
          capability out; I've read his previous post regarding
          that issue.

          So I suspect it may end up being an issue with the
          Cold Fusion server not liking Xenu.

          Thank you for doing all of www.nasa.gov, I truly
          appreciate your kindness as well as your time :)

          I check web pages and sites for compliance with the
          KSC standards and Section 508. If anyone here has any
          questions about either of those, I'm your guy :)

          Just e-mail me directly because this is the Xenu user
          group :)

          Thank You,
          Richard Warnock
          richard.warnock-1@...