Re: [xenu-usergroup] using broadband

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 27, 2005
      On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:55:59 -0700, wydeboi wrote:

      >well, I went to your site and read through everything about the download
      >and use and lo and behold, Xenu will not work unless I have first
      >launched IE and typed in a url. I never had to do this before, so I did
      >that and Xenu is now spidering my site. Sorry for the trouble.

      This suggests a setup problem with windows. Maybe you have two
      WININET.DLL files, or your DLL isn't in your path... or another
      important DLL isn't accessible...

      Xenu works for me and I almost never use IE :-)

      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 28, 2005
        On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:55:59 -0700, wydeboi wrote:

        >well, I went to your site and read through everything about the download
        >and use and lo and behold, Xenu will not work unless I have first
        >launched IE and typed in a url. I never had to do this before, so I did
        >that and Xenu is now spidering my site. Sorry for the trouble.

        I had forgotten that I had mentioned it in the FAQ. I have now added
        something about your experience. If you ever find out that something
        solved the problem (i.e. that you don't have to start IE first), e-mail
        me how.

        Did you install any new software with your broadband account?

        Have you installed Google Earth, and if yes, does it work? I'm asking
        because this (excellent) software seems to use the IE infrastructure
        too.