Re: [xenu-usergroup] using broadband

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 27, 2005
      On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:37:58 -0700, wydeboi wrote:

      >tried the command line, then ran Xenu, did not work, same error message,
      >file not found.

      That's it :-( I have no more ideas (I assume you have the latest
      version). If you find a way to let me access your PC through "remote
      assistance" (your firewall may prevent this), e-mail me directly.

      Tilman
    • wydeboi
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 27, 2005
        I have version 1.2g, I'll look into remote access.
        Thanks for all your help.
        Jack

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 27, 2005
          well, I went to your site and read through everything about the download
          and use and lo and behold, Xenu will not work unless I have first
          launched IE and typed in a url. I never had to do this before, so I did
          that and Xenu is now spidering my site. Sorry for the trouble.
          Thanks again,
          Jack

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 27, 2005
            On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:55:59 -0700, wydeboi wrote:

            >well, I went to your site and read through everything about the download
            >and use and lo and behold, Xenu will not work unless I have first
            >launched IE and typed in a url. I never had to do this before, so I did
            >that and Xenu is now spidering my site. Sorry for the trouble.

            This suggests a setup problem with windows. Maybe you have two
            WININET.DLL files, or your DLL isn't in your path... or another
            important DLL isn't accessible...

            Xenu works for me and I almost never use IE :-)

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 28, 2005
              On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:55:59 -0700, wydeboi wrote:

              >well, I went to your site and read through everything about the download
              >and use and lo and behold, Xenu will not work unless I have first
              >launched IE and typed in a url. I never had to do this before, so I did
              >that and Xenu is now spidering my site. Sorry for the trouble.

              I had forgotten that I had mentioned it in the FAQ. I have now added
              something about your experience. If you ever find out that something
              solved the problem (i.e. that you don't have to start IE first), e-mail
              me how.

              Did you install any new software with your broadband account?

              Have you installed Google Earth, and if yes, does it work? I'm asking
              because this (excellent) software seems to use the IE infrastructure
              too.