passive ftp mode

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2004
      A user had trouble accessing her FTP site to check for orphans because
      she was running Zonealarm. While I wasn't able to find out a workable
      setting for Zonealarm, I was able to modify Xenu so that it used passive
      mode for FTP.

      I'm wondering if I should set this by default, or does it have any
      unwelcome side effects?

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15, 2004
        I wonder if I should change Xenu so that it delivers a proper REFERER,
        or at least making it an option. Anyone interested in testing a version?
      • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 15, 2004
          > I wonder if I should change Xenu so that it delivers a proper REFERER,
          > or at least making it an option. Anyone interested in testing a version?
          Yes! Yes! Yes!
          I am interested!

          Also, I suggest to add possibility to deliver base URL as referer.
          For example, if I check http://somesite.com/dir/subdir/file.ext
          referer should automatically be set to:
          option1) http://somesite.com/
          option2) http://somesite.com/dir/subdir/