Link Statistics

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
      hi tilman,

      can you elaborate a bit on the "Statistics for Managers" Xenu provides?

      shouldn't the results under "Correct internal URLs, by MIME type" add
      up to the same total number of URLs as the results under "All pages, by
      result type"?

      Apparently not all URLs are of the "correct internal URL" variety?

      In the MIME type list I also see an "empty" category (no MIME type
      listed, only URLs/Bytes/Percentages), so I would assume this covers the
      URLs that don't have a correct internal URL -- so my expectation was
      that the Total number of URLs should be the same in both tables.

      tnx,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
        On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:32:07 -0000, frank visser wrote:

        >hi tilman,
        >
        >can you elaborate a bit on the "Statistics for Managers" Xenu provides?
        >
        >shouldn't the results under "Correct internal URLs, by MIME type" add
        >up to the same total number of URLs as the results under "All pages, by
        >result type"?

        No.

        >Apparently not all URLs are of the "correct internal URL" variety?

        No. Some are incorrect, some are external.

        >In the MIME type list I also see an "empty" category (no MIME type
        >listed, only URLs/Bytes/Percentages), so I would assume this covers the
        >URLs that don't have a correct internal URL -- so my expectation was
        >that the Total number of URLs should be the same in both tables.

        I suspect these are URLs where the server didn't return a proper MIME
        type.

        Tilman