Re: Non repeated URLs II

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
      hi richard,

      xenu gives both statistics:

      1. number of unique broken links is given in the statistics section,
      for example:

      not found 29 URLs 1.35%

      2. the total number of broken links (so broken links x number of
      pages they exist on) can be found at the bottom of the link report,
      when you generate a web report. for example:

      75 broken link(s) reported

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Richard D. Ribeiro"

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
        On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:21:05 -0000, Richard D. Ribeiro wrote:

        >+++ I'll try to explain better my question. I'd like to know if when
        >Xenu finds the same broken link in different pages, it counts more
        >than once (broken links in the statistics). This can happen in our
        >website when I include one link in all pages through the site and this
        >link stop working, so will Xenu counts (pages x 1 broken link =
        >ammount of broken links) or will it count just one broken link?.

        It is always one broken link, even if several pages link to it.

        > I know that the correct approach should be reporting all the pages
        >with problems (and broken links), but I would like to know if I can
        >get the ammount of non repetead broken links using Xenu (in my
        >previous example it will be the unique broken link).

        While Xenu doesn't give what you want, you can still "see" in the first
        section of the report the pages that are linked a lot. Example from the
        report I just posted:

        http:///
        error code: 87 (parameter incorrect), linked from page(s):
        http://net-promoter.com/robots-txt/spider_list.html
        http://net-promoter.com/robots-txt/spider_list_by_language.html
        http://net-promoter.com/ru/robots-txt/spider_list_by_language.htm
        http://net-promoter.com/ru/robots-txt/spider_list.htm