Non repeated URLs II

  • Richard D. Ribeiro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
      Hi All,

      Thanks Frank and Tilman for your reply.

      > Don't know what you mean with "non repeated links". But at the end of
      > the report, it brings "statistics for managers". Lots of useless numbers
      > that your boss will love for sure :-)

      +++ My boss loved the statistics. In our annual report they'll give a
      nice impression. Thanks for giving the tip.

      > If you want to exclude the DB urls - exclude them in the initial
      > dialogbox.

      +++ Ok. I'll try this too.

      +++ I'll try to explain better my question. I'd like to know if when
      Xenu finds the same broken link in different pages, it counts more
      than once (broken links in the statistics). This can happen in our
      website when I include one link in all pages through the site and this
      link stop working, so will Xenu counts (pages x 1 broken link =
      ammount of broken links) or will it count just one broken link?.
      I know that the correct approach should be reporting all the pages
      with problems (and broken links), but I would like to know if I can
      get the ammount of non repetead broken links using Xenu (in my
      previous example it will be the unique broken link).
      It's just a curiosity. Frank gave me a nice solution for the problem.

      Thanks,
      Richard
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
        hi richard,

        xenu gives both statistics:

        1. number of unique broken links is given in the statistics section,
        for example:

        not found 29 URLs 1.35%

        2. the total number of broken links (so broken links x number of
        pages they exist on) can be found at the bottom of the link report,
        when you generate a web report. for example:

        75 broken link(s) reported

        frank

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Richard D. Ribeiro"

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
          On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:21:05 -0000, Richard D. Ribeiro wrote:

          >+++ I'll try to explain better my question. I'd like to know if when
          >Xenu finds the same broken link in different pages, it counts more
          >than once (broken links in the statistics). This can happen in our
          >website when I include one link in all pages through the site and this
          >link stop working, so will Xenu counts (pages x 1 broken link =
          >ammount of broken links) or will it count just one broken link?.

          It is always one broken link, even if several pages link to it.

          > I know that the correct approach should be reporting all the pages
          >with problems (and broken links), but I would like to know if I can
          >get the ammount of non repetead broken links using Xenu (in my
          >previous example it will be the unique broken link).

          While Xenu doesn't give what you want, you can still "see" in the first
          section of the report the pages that are linked a lot. Example from the
          report I just posted:

          http:///
          error code: 87 (parameter incorrect), linked from page(s):
          http://net-promoter.com/robots-txt/spider_list.html
          http://net-promoter.com/robots-txt/spider_list_by_language.html
          http://net-promoter.com/ru/robots-txt/spider_list_by_language.htm
          http://net-promoter.com/ru/robots-txt/spider_list.htm