Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [xenu-usergroup] "no object data" message

Expand Messages
  • Tilman Hausherr
    ... Why would you enter an #anchor as root URL? That makes no sense. Tilman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:01 -0000, frank visser wrote:

      >hi tilman,
      >
      >why would this URL
      >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/#DDR2
      >
      >give a "no object data" message in Xenu?

      Why would you enter an #anchor as root URL? That makes no sense.

      Tilman

      >
      >same for this one:
      >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm#DDR2
      >
      >but not for
      >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm
      >
      >the anchor seems to work fine:
      >
      ><a name="DDR2"><img src="/sites/templates/pix/spacer.gif" width="10"
      >height="10" border="0" alt=""></a>
      >
      >thanks for looking into this.
      >
      >frank
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • frank visser
      ih tilman, i absolutely agree, that s why i tried it with /index.htm#anchor, and still got the no object data message. that s what puzzled me. frank ...
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        ih tilman,

        i absolutely agree, that's why i tried it with /index.htm#anchor, and
        still got the "no object data" message.

        that's what puzzled me.

        frank



        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
        wrote:
        > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:01 -0000, frank visser wrote:
        >
        > >hi tilman,
        > >
        > >why would this URL
        > >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/#DDR2
        > >
        > >give a "no object data" message in Xenu?
        >
        > Why would you enter an #anchor as root URL? That makes no sense.
        >
        > Tilman
        >
        > >
        > >same for this one:
        > >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm#DDR2
        > >
        > >but not for
        > >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm
        > >
        > >the anchor seems to work fine:
        > >
        > ><a name="DDR2"><img src="/sites/templates/pix/spacer.gif"
        width="10"
        > >height="10" border="0" alt=""></a>
        > >
        > >thanks for looking into this.
        > >
        > >frank
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
      • Tilman Hausherr
        ... You didn t understand me. Just don t use #anchor in a root URL. (I could correct this minor bug, but it isn t really important)
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:00:27 -0000, frank visser wrote:

          >ih tilman,
          >
          >i absolutely agree, that's why i tried it with /index.htm#anchor, and
          >still got the "no object data" message.
          >
          >that's what puzzled me.

          You didn't understand me. Just don't use #anchor in a root URL.

          (I could correct this minor bug, but it isn't really important)

          >
          >frank
          >
          >
          >
          >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
          >wrote:
          >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:01 -0000, frank visser wrote:
          >>
          >> >hi tilman,
          >> >
          >> >why would this URL
          >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/#DDR2
          >> >
          >> >give a "no object data" message in Xenu?
          >>
          >> Why would you enter an #anchor as root URL? That makes no sense.
          >>
          >> Tilman
          >>
          >> >
          >> >same for this one:
          >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm#DDR2
          >> >
          >> >but not for
          >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm
          >> >
          >> >the anchor seems to work fine:
          >> >
          >> ><a name="DDR2"><img src="/sites/templates/pix/spacer.gif"
          >width="10"
          >> >height="10" border="0" alt=""></a>
          >> >
          >> >thanks for looking into this.
          >> >
          >> >frank
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >> >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
        • frank visser
          tilman, again, i agree -- but i didn t code this, I encountered it in a site. my question was: why does the correct URL xxx/index.htm#anchor still give the
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            tilman,

            again, i agree -- but i didn't code this, I encountered it in a site.

            my question was: why does the correct URL xxx/index.htm#anchor still
            give the error message, though the anchor works fine in the browser.

            what does "no object data" refer to in this case?

            frank

            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
            wrote:
            > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:00:27 -0000, frank visser wrote:
            >
            > >ih tilman,
            > >
            > >i absolutely agree, that's why i tried it with /index.htm#anchor,
            and
            > >still got the "no object data" message.
            > >
            > >that's what puzzled me.
            >
            > You didn't understand me. Just don't use #anchor in a root URL.
            >
            > (I could correct this minor bug, but it isn't really important)
            >
            > >
            > >frank
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr
            <tilman@s...>
            > >wrote:
            > >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:01 -0000, frank visser wrote:
            > >>
            > >> >hi tilman,
            > >> >
            > >> >why would this URL
            > >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/#DDR2
            > >> >
            > >> >give a "no object data" message in Xenu?
            > >>
            > >> Why would you enter an #anchor as root URL? That makes no sense.
            > >>
            > >> Tilman
            > >>
            > >> >
            > >> >same for this one:
            > >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm#DDR2
            > >> >
            > >> >but not for
            > >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm
            > >> >
            > >> >the anchor seems to work fine:
            > >> >
            > >> ><a name="DDR2"><img src="/sites/templates/pix/spacer.gif"
            > >width="10"
            > >> >height="10" border="0" alt=""></a>
            > >> >
            > >> >thanks for looking into this.
            > >> >
            > >> >frank
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >> >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
          • Tilman Hausherr
            ... But you entered it as root URL, didn t you? ... Because this is a bug in Xenu. I should remove the part after # before requesting the URL from the remote
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:20:03 -0000, frank visser wrote:

              >tilman,
              >
              >again, i agree -- but i didn't code this, I encountered it in a site.

              But you entered it as root URL, didn't you?

              >my question was: why does the correct URL xxx/index.htm#anchor still
              >give the error message, though the anchor works fine in the browser.

              Because this is a bug in Xenu. I should remove the part after "#" before
              requesting the URL from the remote server.

              >what does "no object data" refer to in this case?

              An empty page.

              Tilman

              >
              >frank
              >
              >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
              >wrote:
              >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:00:27 -0000, frank visser wrote:
              >>
              >> >ih tilman,
              >> >
              >> >i absolutely agree, that's why i tried it with /index.htm#anchor,
              >and
              >> >still got the "no object data" message.
              >> >
              >> >that's what puzzled me.
              >>
              >> You didn't understand me. Just don't use #anchor in a root URL.
              >>
              >> (I could correct this minor bug, but it isn't really important)
              >>
              >> >
              >> >frank
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr
              ><tilman@s...>
              >> >wrote:
              >> >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:32:01 -0000, frank visser wrote:
              >> >>
              >> >> >hi tilman,
              >> >> >
              >> >> >why would this URL
              >> >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/#DDR2
              >> >> >
              >> >> >give a "no object data" message in Xenu?
              >> >>
              >> >> Why would you enter an #anchor as root URL? That makes no sense.
              >> >>
              >> >> Tilman
              >> >>
              >> >> >
              >> >> >same for this one:
              >> >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm#DDR2
              >> >> >
              >> >> >but not for
              >> >> >http://www.intel.com/technology/memory/index.htm
              >> >> >
              >> >> >the anchor seems to work fine:
              >> >> >
              >> >> ><a name="DDR2"><img src="/sites/templates/pix/spacer.gif"
              >> >width="10"
              >> >> >height="10" border="0" alt=""></a>
              >> >> >
              >> >> >thanks for looking into this.
              >> >> >
              >> >> >frank
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >Yahoo! Groups Links
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >> >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.