unreferenced files in a folder

  • Werner Warweg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      since Oct 1998 I use xenu, thank You for helping. Today I have a special
      question:
      I use Windows XP (I know! It's a bad word).Xenu looks for missing links,
      wonderful! But today a can not say, which of the hundreds of files in a
      WEB-Place are used or better connected with a link.

      I there a little hope for me, that there will be a solution in the
      future, reading a complete folder (directory) by ftp or VPN an then
      compare with the xenu-list. If not: Does somebody know such a solution?

      Sorry for my bad English!

      --
      Mit freundlichem Gruß/regards
      Werner Warweg (werner@..., www.warweg.com)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        I am a new user of xenu. I thought the listing of "orphan files" was for
        that reason.

        Jeff Malka

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
          On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:58:35 +0200, Werner Warweg wrote:

          >since Oct 1998 I use xenu, thank You for helping. Today I have a special
          >question:
          >I use Windows XP (I know! It's a bad word).Xenu looks for missing links,
          >wonderful! But today a can not say, which of the hundreds of files in a
          >WEB-Place are used or better connected with a link.

          Press ALT-ENTER to see which one links to it

          or

          PRESS "R" for the report.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
            On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:57:06 -0400, Jeff Malka wrote:

            >I am a new user of xenu. I thought the listing of "orphan files" was for
            >that reason.

            I think he wants to know who links to an URL.

            Orphans is about URLs not linked at all.

            Anyway, Werner can contact me directly and ask in german if I answered
            the wrong question :)

            Tilman