Re: [xenu-usergroup] List of HTML pages lacking a title?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
      On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:06:47 -0400, Jeff Malka wrote:

      >One of the report options in Xenu is a "Site Map of HTML pages with a Title.
      >
      >Is there a way to get a list of HTML pages that lack a title so they can be
      >corrected by adding the missing title if indicated?

      Not with Xenu... a solution would be this:

      go in each directory, and enter this in the command line:

      grep -i -c title *.htm* | grep ":0"

      the files in the output are the ones that you have to correct. If you
      don't have a "grep", you need to find one...

      Tilman
    • Jeff Malka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
        Thank you.

        Jeff Malka

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
          Which grep do you recommend for use in a Windows XP environment?

          I have Agent Ransack. Do you know if that will function as a "grep"

          Jeff Malka

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
            On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:11:23 -0400, Jeff Malka wrote:

            >Which grep do you recommend for use in a Windows XP environment?
            >
            >I have Agent Ransack. Do you know if that will function as a "grep"

            I don't know what that is... my grep over 10 years old, from Borland...
            try looking on google for a grep clone. I've heard something about
            "cygwin utilities", maybe someone here can help with a suggestion.