List of HTML pages lacking a title?

  • Jeff Malka
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2 8:06 AM
      One of the report options in Xenu is a "Site Map of HTML pages with a Title.

      Is there a way to get a list of HTML pages that lack a title so they can be
      corrected by adding the missing title if indicated?

      Thanks.

      Jeff Malka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 1:25 PM
        On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:06:47 -0400, Jeff Malka wrote:

        >One of the report options in Xenu is a "Site Map of HTML pages with a Title.
        >
        >Is there a way to get a list of HTML pages that lack a title so they can be
        >corrected by adding the missing title if indicated?

        Not with Xenu... a solution would be this:

        go in each directory, and enter this in the command line:

        grep -i -c title *.htm* | grep ":0"

        the files in the output are the ones that you have to correct. If you
        don't have a "grep", you need to find one...

        Tilman
      • Jeff Malka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 3:02 PM
          Thank you.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2 3:11 PM
            Which grep do you recommend for use in a Windows XP environment?

            I have Agent Ransack. Do you know if that will function as a "grep"

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3 7:33 AM
              On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:11:23 -0400, Jeff Malka wrote:

              >Which grep do you recommend for use in a Windows XP environment?
              >
              >I have Agent Ransack. Do you know if that will function as a "grep"

              I don't know what that is... my grep over 10 years old, from Borland...
              try looking on google for a grep clone. I've heard something about
              "cygwin utilities", maybe someone here can help with a suggestion.