Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Spidering stops after a few links

    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2005
      On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:42:42 -0000, frank visser wrote:

      >hi tilman,
      >
      >looks like i found the solution!
      >
      >reading your FAQ page under "time outs" there was a passage about
      >enabling both HTTP 1.1 and HTTP 1.1 under proxy conditions.
      >
      >on my PC only "HTTP 1.1" was enabled.
      >
      >i enabled HTTP 1.1 under proxies, nothing worked.
      >
      >however, frustrated, I DISABLED both HTTP 1.1 and HTTP 1.1 under
      >proxy... and: the xenu reports started running again as they did in
      >the past, with no freezing after a few links.
      >
      >I am using WindowsXP on a PentiumIII PC. I have this PC since a few
      >months, and most of my earlier reports were run on Win95/PentiumI.

      I had the same problem when you asked me. But it's only on that intel
      site.

      >not sure if my memory is correct, but i could run xenu on the new PC
      >for a while.
      >
      >anyway.
      >
      >Can you explain why disabling HTTP 1.1 this solves the problem of
      >xenu freeze?
      >
      >Are there any consequences of disabling HTTP 1.1 I should know?

      In theory, everything should be *slower*.

      No idea why it works. As I said - ask the sysadmin.

      And consider buying an up-to-date computer, or does intel pay you so
      badly? Some day, Xenu will no longer work on Windows 95. Because
      according to the description for Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 .net,
      compiled programs work only on W98 and higher.

      For 500 Euro, you can get a good office computer with a Intel Celeron or
      AMD Sempron CPU.