Re: [xenu-usergroup] real time monitoring alert giving tool Is it possible?

  • Rick Beton
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2005
      gill_olivier wrote:

      >...Is there a way for Xenu to run through
      >these 80 sites, send me a report via email, then once finished restart
      >the checking process automatically.

      I think it would be easy but for one thing: there aren't any published
      command line options for Xenu. Without them, it's difficult to write a
      batch file or similar to do what you want.

      I got round this by writing my own Java program similar to Xenu (I
      called it Jxenu affectionately!). Jxenu has a command-line approach and
      doesn't have a nice GUI. Also it's not yet something that's good enough
      for anyone else to use I'm afraid, unlike Xenu. (Possibly it could be
      made so and possibly it could be a new open source project if I had the
      time to do it and there was enough interest to make it worth the effort.)

      One day soon perhaps, the Future Feature List item on the website
      (command line parameters,
      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#Future) might one day rise to
      the top of Tilman's to-do list. :-)

      Rick
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2005
        On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:06:09 +0100, Rick Beton wrote:

        >gill_olivier wrote:
        >
        >>...Is there a way for Xenu to run through
        >>these 80 sites, send me a report via email, then once finished restart
        >>the checking process automatically.
        >
        >I think it would be easy but for one thing: there aren't any published
        >command line options for Xenu. Without them, it's difficult to write a
        >batch file or similar to do what you want.

        There is a command line feature for commercial users, but it doesn't
        work for this list checking.

        >I got round this by writing my own Java program similar to Xenu (I
        >called it Jxenu affectionately!). Jxenu has a command-line approach and

        heh heh:)

        Tilman

        >doesn't have a nice GUI. Also it's not yet something that's good enough
        >for anyone else to use I'm afraid, unlike Xenu. (Possibly it could be
        >made so and possibly it could be a new open source project if I had the
        >time to do it and there was enough interest to make it worth the effort.)
        >
        >One day soon perhaps, the Future Feature List item on the website
        >(command line parameters,
        >http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#Future) might one day rise to
        >the top of Tilman's to-do list. :-)
        >
        >Rick
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Frank Visser
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2005
          > batch file or similar to do what you want.

          A way to automate Xenu -- either with command switches or a scripting
          interface -- would be quite amazing and much appreciated!
        • clickingsound
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2005
            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
            wrote:
            > There is a command line feature for commercial users

            How can I get this version?

            thanks!
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2005
              On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:52:58 -0000, clickingsound wrote:

              >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
              >wrote:
              >> There is a command line feature for commercial users
              >
              >How can I get this version?

              Try it first, and contact me privately... this version

              will work till the end of may.

              Syntax:

              xenu -url http://www.hp.com -report blah.html

              or

              xenu -url http://www.hp.com -export export.tab

              it will use the "include" / "exclude" / mail settings that it had for
              the last manual run of http://www.hp.com . It's that simple :-)

              Note: Xenu will still open a window as usual, but it will close when
              done.