another possible orphan bug

  • mushu999mushu
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
      The orphan file checker should not be case-sensitive, at least under
      Windows in IIS:

      <a
      href="http://xyz.wax.com/Style/WStyle2.css">http://xyz.wax.com/Style/WStyle2.css</a>
      <a
      href="http://xyz.wax.com/style/WStyle2.css">http://xyz.wax.com/style/WStyle2.css</a>

      Both of these were listed as orphan files, but only one should have
      been listed (notice the lower-case "s" in Style.) There is only one
      style directory on the server, and it has a lower-case "s" in its name.
      Not sure where Xenu is getting the lower-case one from...

      Actually, due to a previously-mentioned bug, neither should have been
      listed because the file is indeed referenced from a webpage via the
      "link" tag.

      Thanks!
    • mushu999mushu
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
        I meant I don't know where it is getting the upper-case "Style"
        directory from in my original message. Sorry!

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "mushu999mushu" <TValdez@a...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2005
          On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:57:42 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:

          >The orphan file checker should not be case-sensitive, at least under
          >Windows in IIS:
          >
          ><a
          >href="http://xyz.wax.com/Style/WStyle2.css">http://xyz.wax.com/Style/WStyle2.css</a>
          ><a
          >href="http://xyz.wax.com/style/WStyle2.css">http://xyz.wax.com/style/WStyle2.css</a>
          >
          >Both of these were listed as orphan files, but only one should have
          >been listed (notice the lower-case "s" in Style.) There is only one
          >style directory on the server, and it has a lower-case "s" in its name.
          >Not sure where Xenu is getting the lower-case one from...

          Please try this version, it should make the orphan search case
          insensitive:
          http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubetao.zip

          Tell me if this solves your problem.

          (However, the link checking remains case sensitive)
        • mushu999mushu
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2005
            Thank you so much for your assistance! I really appreciate your time
            in doing this for me. I will let you know what the results are shortly.

            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 21, 2005
              On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:55:51 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:

              >I meant I don't know where it is getting the upper-case "Style"
              >directory from in my original message. Sorry!

              Someone does link to the upper-case style. Go into the Xenu window,
              search for http://xyz.wax.com/Style/WStyle2.css and press ALT-ENTER and
              you'll know who links to it!

              Tilman