Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: orphan error messages

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
      On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:24:24 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:

      >Also, do you think you can add this extra call
      >[InternetGetLastResponseInfo] to the next version (1.2f?) of the link

      The current version is 1.2g (which you are now using, apparently). So
      the next would be 1.2h. The current version does make a better error
      message. Youself said that it says:

      Error 12003 while moving to remote ftp directory '/sub/dir/': 550
      /sub/dir: The system cannot find the file specified.

      So ask yourself why Xenu tries to access /sub/dir... is this the
      directory for your WWW files?

      Tilman

      >checker to display what the exact error 12003 really means:
      >
      > 12003 ERROR_INTERNET_EXTENDED_ERROR
      > An extended error was returned from the server. This is
      > typically a string or buffer containing a verbose error
      > message. Call InternetGetLastResponseInfo to retrieve the
      > error text.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Tim
      >
      >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
      >wrote:
      >> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:05:49 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:
      >>
      >> >When doing an orphaned file check via FTP in Xenu, I got a large
      >> >number of the following errors, and I'm wondering what they mean,
      >> >especially the second one:
      >> >
      >> >Error 12003 while moving to remote ftp directory
      >> >
      >> >Error 18 while searching in remote ftp directory
      >> >
      >> >Are these error numbers listed in the Xenu docs somewhere? I couldn't
      >> >find them.
      >> >
      >> >Thanks!
      >>
      >> Are you using the latest version (1.2g)? People complainted about error
      >> 12003
      >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;193625
      >> and I put the related error *text*. Don't know about error 18...
      >> http://www.koders.com/c/fid755AC8EFDC669704A25731792F24D845D9413F2C.aspx
      >> I suspect it's a follow-up error. It means "Improper link (cross-device
      >> link?)".
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • mushu999mushu
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2005
        I'll email you directly the actual list of files it comes up with
        during the orphan check. You are right, I should have said "h" instead
        of "f" for the next version.