Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: orphan error messages

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
      On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:22:38 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:

      >Thanks for the info below. I missed it earlier when I posted the
      >latest message. Can you define what "Improper link" means for me
      >please? I get so many of these and of the 12003 errors that it becomes
      >a mess to clean up.

      I don't know, because I don't know your system. Usually, such errors
      come because you have entered the wrong user directory for your site.

      What you need to do is to access it with your ordinary ftp software,
      then find out where the website is. That directory is needed in my
      dialog box.

      Tilman

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
        On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:24:24 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:

        >Also, do you think you can add this extra call
        >[InternetGetLastResponseInfo] to the next version (1.2f?) of the link

        The current version is 1.2g (which you are now using, apparently). So
        the next would be 1.2h. The current version does make a better error
        message. Youself said that it says:

        Error 12003 while moving to remote ftp directory '/sub/dir/': 550
        /sub/dir: The system cannot find the file specified.

        So ask yourself why Xenu tries to access /sub/dir... is this the
        directory for your WWW files?

        Tilman

        >checker to display what the exact error 12003 really means:
        >
        > 12003 ERROR_INTERNET_EXTENDED_ERROR
        > An extended error was returned from the server. This is
        > typically a string or buffer containing a verbose error
        > message. Call InternetGetLastResponseInfo to retrieve the
        > error text.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Tim
        >
        >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
        >wrote:
        >> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:05:49 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:
        >>
        >> >When doing an orphaned file check via FTP in Xenu, I got a large
        >> >number of the following errors, and I'm wondering what they mean,
        >> >especially the second one:
        >> >
        >> >Error 12003 while moving to remote ftp directory
        >> >
        >> >Error 18 while searching in remote ftp directory
        >> >
        >> >Are these error numbers listed in the Xenu docs somewhere? I couldn't
        >> >find them.
        >> >
        >> >Thanks!
        >>
        >> Are you using the latest version (1.2g)? People complainted about error
        >> 12003
        >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;193625
        >> and I put the related error *text*. Don't know about error 18...
        >> http://www.koders.com/c/fid755AC8EFDC669704A25731792F24D845D9413F2C.aspx
        >> I suspect it's a follow-up error. It means "Improper link (cross-device
        >> link?)".
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • mushu999mushu
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2005
          I'll email you directly the actual list of files it comes up with
          during the orphan check. You are right, I should have said "h" instead
          of "f" for the next version.