RE: [xenu-usergroup] Javascript problem when not starting with / or http://

  • Frank Visser
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
      Hi Kevin,

      You might try simplifying the regex so it does no longer restrict itself to
      URLs starting with http, ftp or /

      That restriction was added to avoid nonsensical URLs to be created by cases
      such as function('benchmark'), which Xenu then would try to validate as
      folder/folder/benchmark.

      Please also note that mailing a regex can make a mess out of the code: in
      the line below the line f t p : / / | h t t p s ? : / / ) [ ^ ' " occurs
      twice, the second time between brackets < . > That is introduced by the mail
      system used, so I am not sure what exactly you tried out. You can avoid it
      by adding spacers between the characters (in email communication, not in the
      regext itself of course ;-)

      The simplified regex would look like the example described here:

      http://members.chello.nl/f.visser3/xenu/6-handling-javascript.html#update1

      I am not sure the '../images case would ever work though. I believe the
      'images case will work, for Xenu can check relative URLs.

      Frank Visser, Waterpoortweg 279, 1051 pv, Amsterdam

      Author of: Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion SUNY 2003

      Read all about Ken Wilber : http:// <http://www.integralworld.net>
      www.integralworld.net

      _____