Javascript problem when not starting with / or http://

  • Kevin & Kathaya
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 3:15 PM
      Hi all

      I am currently running version 1.2g and still have a problem with Xenu
      recognising my javascript calls within my pages

      I am using the setting in the .ini file as recommended in one of the
      messages of:
      Javascript=[Jj]ava[Ss]cript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      *['"]((ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)[' <ftp://|https?://)[^'> "]

      My javascript calls look like the following:
      javascript:popitup('../images/products/trigger4.jpg','Foot Switch Fire
      Button', 350,300)
      or
      javascript:popitup('images/products/trigger4.jpg','Foot Switch Fire Button',
      350,300)

      They dont start with http:// because we do the majority of our testing
      locally

      What I really need to know is how to change the regex expression so it will
      cope with the javascript calls I am using. I am really not too great with
      regex so any help would be REALLY appreciated to make this work right

      I had this working on a version at one stage but dont have details of the
      regex I was using and it is driving me crazy now trying to get this working
      to test a large local site before it goes live

      Many thanks

      Kevin

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 4:06 AM
        Hi Kevin,

        You might try simplifying the regex so it does no longer restrict itself to
        URLs starting with http, ftp or /

        That restriction was added to avoid nonsensical URLs to be created by cases
        such as function('benchmark'), which Xenu then would try to validate as
        folder/folder/benchmark.

        Please also note that mailing a regex can make a mess out of the code: in
        the line below the line f t p : / / | h t t p s ? : / / ) [ ^ ' " occurs
        twice, the second time between brackets < . > That is introduced by the mail
        system used, so I am not sure what exactly you tried out. You can avoid it
        by adding spacers between the characters (in email communication, not in the
        regext itself of course ;-)

        The simplified regex would look like the example described here:

        http://members.chello.nl/f.visser3/xenu/6-handling-javascript.html#update1

        I am not sure the '../images case would ever work though. I believe the
        'images case will work, for Xenu can check relative URLs.

        Frank Visser, Waterpoortweg 279, 1051 pv, Amsterdam

        Author of: Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion SUNY 2003

        Read all about Ken Wilber : http:// <http://www.integralworld.net>
        www.integralworld.net

        _____