new beta

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2004
      I have uploaded the latest beta in the yahoo file area at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linksleuthupdates/files/

      If you can't access it, e-mail me, I will send the ZIP to you. If you
      have tested it or a previous beta version (with the setup) from the last
      few weeks, e-mail me so that I know it was ok.

      I will release it this weekend unless there are any problems.

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2004
        hi tilman,

        whats the advantage of having this install functionality?

        why not just work directly with the xenu.exe?

        frank

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@b...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
          I found out that Xenu has a bug with huge websites (> 10000), which
          causes it to freeze temporarly. Some people did already complain, and I
          found the cause, and it was a recent change (from 1.2g to 1.2h), which
          was programmed inefficiently. Try it.

          Note that a file XENULOG.TXT is written in the %temp% directory. This is
          for a user who has a problem launching the report. If you have that
          problem too, send the file to me.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2006
            Sorry - this may not have been the new version. If you downloaded it
            already, download it again.

            Tilman

            On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:22:32 +0200, Tilman Hausherr wrote:

            >I found out that Xenu has a bug with huge websites (> 10000), which
            >causes it to freeze temporarly. Some people did already complain, and I
            >found the cause, and it was a recent change (from 1.2g to 1.2h), which
            >was programmed inefficiently. Try it.
            >http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
            >
            >Note that a file XENULOG.TXT is written in the %temp% directory. This is
            >for a user who has a problem launching the report. If you have that
            >problem too, send the file to me.
            >
            >Tilman
          • wpemit
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
              I loaded XENU1.2i-Beta down on my computer and checked a website within
              more than 18.000 entries. It does work very well, much better than 1.2h.
              It passes thru this website as fast as 1.2g.
              It doesn´t stuck annywhere.
              I searched for XENULOG.TXT during XENU runs but didn´t find it anywhere.

              Wolfgang
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
                On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:53:00 -0000, wpemit wrote:

                >I loaded XENU1.2i-Beta down on my computer and checked a website within
                >more than 18.000 entries. It does work very well, much better than 1.2h.
                >It passes thru this website as fast as 1.2g.
                >It doesn´t stuck annywhere.
                >I searched for XENULOG.TXT during XENU runs but didn´t find it anywhere.

                This is only created when you launch a report.

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
                  There's a new beta here:
                  I've decided to include the "PARSETEST" feature in the regular version.
                  This feature suppresses the conversion of "%xx" in non-file-URLs, which
                  I originally did because it "looked nice".
                  The reason is that some URLs have a "%" that must stay there, and I've
                  had complaints about this for years.

                  Examples:
                  1)
                  http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%25.doc
                  with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
                  http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%.doc
                  which does not work.

                  2)
                  http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B%26Bs+and+guesthouses
                  with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
                  http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B&Bs+and+guesthouses
                  which does not work.

                  So it would be nice to test this new version on your website, even if
                  you don't have such weird URLs, just to be sure it works properly with
                  the general public.

                  Note: don't use this beta if you received the PARSETEST2 version (use of
                  characters >80Hex in URLs) or PARSETEST3 version (problems with
                  redirections), this are different issues.

                  There are no major improvements, but some small bug fixes, and some
                  memory use improvements.

                  Tilman
                • Tono
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
                    Does it have the wildcard feature?

                    Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 9, 2009
                      On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 22:21:56 +0200, Tono wrote:

                      >Does it have the wildcard feature?
                      >
                      >Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

                      This one, I just made and uploaded it.
                      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuwild.zip