Re: [xenu-usergroup] Email results; SMTP requires authentication, Possible?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:52:43 -0500, Scott Farnsworth wrote:

      >Am a big Xenu fan. I've never used 'email resulting report to xyz email
      >address'. Now looking into it. My SMTP requires authentication. Anything I
      >can do?

      Usually, you won't need authentication if the target is on your own ISP,
      or if the sender (you!) has an IP-address from "within" the ISP.

      Nevertheless, some ISPs request SMTP authentication from *all* users. I
      haven't implemented it in the mail dialogbox because I'm somewhat
      nervous about asking a password and *storing* it in the INI file. I do
      currently ask the password of the ftp server, but I (or rather, Xenu)
      forget it immediately after use :)