Email results; SMTP requires authentication, Possible?

  • Scott Farnsworth
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005

      Am a big Xenu fan. I've never used 'email resulting report to xyz email
      address'. Now looking into it. My SMTP requires authentication. Anything I
      can do?

      Thanks in advance!

      Scott

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
        On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:52:43 -0500, Scott Farnsworth wrote:

        >Am a big Xenu fan. I've never used 'email resulting report to xyz email
        >address'. Now looking into it. My SMTP requires authentication. Anything I
        >can do?

        Usually, you won't need authentication if the target is on your own ISP,
        or if the sender (you!) has an IP-address from "within" the ISP.

        Nevertheless, some ISPs request SMTP authentication from *all* users. I
        haven't implemented it in the mail dialogbox because I'm somewhat
        nervous about asking a password and *storing* it in the INI file. I do
        currently ask the password of the ftp server, but I (or rather, Xenu)
        forget it immediately after use :)