Re: [xenu-usergroup] Hyperlinks of a Word document

  • Catherine Mahe
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
      Thank you so much. I will try it.

      Cathy Mahe

      >>> radevenz@... 04/01/05 02:33PM >>>

      You can use Windows scripting to extract the hyperlinks found in Word
      documents, and write them to an html file so that Xenu can check them.
      Just
      be sure your exportFilename is linked to somewhere in the project.

      Richard A. DeVenezia

      extract-doc-links.vbs
      ------------------
      Option Explicit

      ' Doc link extracter
      ' Richard A. DeVenezia
      ' 1 Apr 2005

      Dim docFolder, exportFilename, xf
      Dim fso, oFolder, oFiles, oFile
      Dim oWordApp, oDoc, hLink

      Const ForWriting = 2

      ' Change these two to suit your needs
      docFolder = "C:\Temp"
      exportFilename = "C:\temp\hyperlinks-of-documents-in-temp.html"

      Set xf = fso.OpenTextFile (exportFilename, ForWriting, True)

      xf.Write "<HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY>" & vbCRLF
      xf.Write "<H1>Documents of " & docFolder & "</H1>" & vbCRLF

      Set oFolder = fso.GetFolder(docFolder)
      If oFolder Is Nothing Then
      WScript.Echo("Bad input directory")
      WScript.Quit
      End If
      Set oFiles = oFolder.Files

      Set oWordApp = CreateObject ("Word.Application")

      xf.Write "<UL>" & vbCRLF

      For Each oFile In oFiles
      If UCase(Right(oFile.Path, 4)) = ".DOC" Then

      xf.Write "<LI>Hyperlinks of " & oFile.Path & "</LI>" & vbCRLF
      xf.Write "<UL>" & vbCRLF

      Set oDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open (oFile.Path, True, True) '
      Read-only

      For Each hLink In oDoc.Hyperlinks

      xf.Write "<LI><A HREF='" & hLink.Address & "'>" & hLink.Address
      &
      "</A></LI>" & vbCRLF

      Next

      xf.Write "</UL>" & vbCRLF

      oDoc.Close

      End If
      Next

      xf.Write "</UL>" & vbCRLF

      xf.Write "</BODY>"
      xf.Close

      oWordApp.Quit

      Set oWordApp = Nothing
      Set xf = Nothing
      ------------------

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Richard A. DeVenezia
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
        Catherine Mahe wrote:
        > Thank you so much. I will try it.
        >
        > Cathy Mahe

        If you ask real nice, maybe Tilman will roll the hyperlink retrieval process
        directly into Xenu for automatic processing.

        -Richard
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
          On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:45:32 -0400, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:

          >Catherine Mahe wrote:
          >> Thank you so much. I will try it.
          >>
          >> Cathy Mahe
          >
          >If you ask real nice, maybe Tilman will roll the hyperlink retrieval process
          >directly into Xenu for automatic processing.

          Sorry, no, it's not that easy. What you showed seems to be Visual-Basic
          related. I don't know about something in Visual C++ that does the same.
          And even then, I don't really have much time.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
            New in the current beta:

            [Options]
            FailSimilarHosts=0

            means that if one URL times out or has a broken connection, the others
            don't fail as well. The default (and default / current) behaviour is
            "1", i.e. the others do fail.

            (This is for John)