Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Checking local files

  • Clive Sabey [CS]
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
      Thanks Frank I guess it is UNC network problem.
      Can anyone test a UNC path?

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
        what i did notice is that doing a local link report, xenu hanged
        after requesting the browser report -- did not happen in the beta
        version.

        frank

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "frank visser"

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
          On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:55:41 -0000, frank visser wrote:

          >i can check local links with the Local File button all right, but my
          >start URL appears as this in the link report:
          >
          >file:///G:/FTAF-START.HTM
          >
          >so it starts with a drive: after file:///

          That isn't a UNC name. I was able to test it with UNC names... click on
          "Network places" (or whatever it is called in your country), then chose
          a hostname, then a share name, then a directory, then a HTML file.
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
            On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:03:33 -0000, frank visser wrote:

            >what i did notice is that doing a local link report, xenu hanged
            >after requesting the browser report -- did not happen in the beta
            >version.

            It works for me... maybe Xenu is making the site map?
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
              On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:59:25 +0000, Clive Sabey [CS] wrote:

              >Created on March 24, 2005 at 08:53:37
              >

              > Root URL: file://///lcc-svr-01/STFCS$/My%20L2L/Upload/index.html
              > <cid:part1.06030508.08010505@...>

              I tested it again. I see that the test I made yesterday wasn't actually
              on the network. A new test with

              file://///tilman/SharedDocs/test.htm

              gives a "file not found" for me too :-( No idea what's going on.
              Entering this in IE works. I suspect that the correct way to do it would
              be

              file://tilman/SharedDocs/test.htm

              I'll analyse this in the next few days / weeks. In the meantime, you'll
              have to use drives.

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
                On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:59:25 +0000, Clive Sabey [CS] wrote:

                >The original problem was generated using the 'Local file ' button.
                >A sample of the 'Report'
                >

                > Xenu's broken link report
                >
                >Created on March 24, 2005 at 08:53:37
                >

                > Root URL: file://///lcc-svr-01/STFCS$/My%20L2L/Upload/index.html
                > <cid:part1.06030508.08010505@...>
                >

                > Table of contents
                >
                > * Broken links, ordered by link <#bylink>
                > * Broken links, ordered by page <#bypage>
                > * List of redirected URLs <#redir>
                > * List of ftp and gopher URLs <#ftpgopher>
                > * List of valid URLs you can submit to a search engine <#valid>
                > * Site Map of HTML pages with a Title <#sitemap>
                > * Broken page-local links <#targets>
                > * Orphan files <#orphans>
                > * Statistics for managers <#stats>
                >

                > Broken links, ordered by link:
                >
                >file://///lcc-svr-01/STFCS$/My%20L2L/Upload/index.html <cid:part1.06030508.08010505@...>
                >error code: 2 (file not found), linked from page(s):
                >
                >0 broken link(s) reported
                >
                >The path "file://///lcc-svr-01/STFCS$/My%20L2L/Upload/index.html <cid:part1.06030508.08010505@...>"
                >works Ok in IE.
                >
                >Can anybody else reproduce the problem?
                >Clive

                I've just sent a corrected version... I see that it was the "recursion
                protection" (the check for "//") again. I've now corrected this. The
                only problem now is that my URL doesn't work with Opera.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
                  on my home PC it does work, so probably a local thing - no worries.

                  --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>