Re: [xenu-usergroup] Do traffic measuring tools ignore Xenu, how to make that so?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19 10:55 AM
      On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 06:58:11 -0600, Scott Farnsworth wrote:

      >Glad to find there's a forum for this great tool. Thanks for being here.
      >

      >My question is (and I've looked for this in FAQs and in the forum and in the
      >product documentation) does my traffic measurements include the hits the
      >site gets when Xenu does a link check? Ideally I get 10 million hits a week
      >and the few that I do with Xenu don't move that much, but that's not the
      >case.

      You would have to look at the detailed server statistics. If your site
      is "external" to the site that is checked with Xenu, the traffic
      increase is minimal, because Xenu does not download the page (HEAD). If
      you / someone checks your site directly with Xenu, then it's like
      someone would download every site page.