Do traffic measuring tools ignore Xenu, how to make that so?

  • Scott Farnsworth
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2005
      Glad to find there's a forum for this great tool. Thanks for being here.

      My question is (and I've looked for this in FAQs and in the forum and in the
      product documentation) does my traffic measurements include the hits the
      site gets when Xenu does a link check? Ideally I get 10 million hits a week
      and the few that I do with Xenu don't move that much, but that's not the
      case.

      Thanks for any advice, pointers in that direction.

      Regards,

      Scott

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2005
        On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 06:58:11 -0600, Scott Farnsworth wrote:

        >Glad to find there's a forum for this great tool. Thanks for being here.
        >

        >My question is (and I've looked for this in FAQs and in the forum and in the
        >product documentation) does my traffic measurements include the hits the
        >site gets when Xenu does a link check? Ideally I get 10 million hits a week
        >and the few that I do with Xenu don't move that much, but that's not the
        >case.

        You would have to look at the detailed server statistics. If your site
        is "external" to the site that is checked with Xenu, the traffic
        increase is minimal, because Xenu does not download the page (HEAD). If
        you / someone checks your site directly with Xenu, then it's like
        someone would download every site page.