RE: Timeouts and Connections messages need you attention.

  • eenidagent@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2005
      I found chasing broken links was secondary to retesting links that
      were timing out. I started with 50% timeouts using a 20 second
      timeout and have gotten it down to below 2% using a 11 second
      timeout out of Yahoo!'s Santa Clara, CA center. I stopped the test,
      then immediately restarted and the failing links did not fail again.

      Other Yahoo! stores have since found the same problem and Yahoo! is
      fixing it. What I need now is a method to monitor by walking slowly
      through the website testing for broken links.

      I had not thought to check for non-published variable. I found the
      how to add the variable and have started testing using a 12 second
      timeout. 12 seconds is 150% longer then 33% of all surfers are
      willing to wait.

      John Tangney
    • mushu999mushu
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, eenidagent@y... wrote:
        > I found chasing broken links was secondary to retesting links that
        > were timing out.

        Agreed.

        > I started with 50% timeouts using a 20 second
        > timeout and have gotten it down to below 2% using a 11 second
        > timeout out of Yahoo!'s Santa Clara, CA center. I stopped the test,
        > then immediately restarted and failing links did not fail again.

        Please! How do you adjust the Timeout period???

        > I had not thought to check for non-published variable. I found the
        > how to add the variable and have started testing using a 12 second
        > timeout. 12 seconds is 150% longer then 33% of all surfers are
        > willing to wait.

        What is this "non-published" variable? Is this a xenu.ini option setting?

        TIA!
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
          On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:19:11 -0000, mushu999mushu wrote:

          >Please! How do you adjust the Timeout period???
          >What is this "non-published" variable? Is this a xenu.ini option setting?

          It is published, but not in the menu, I hate to "clutter" the
          dialogboxes with tons of unimportant options, especially the ones that
          *I* don't use :-)

          http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

          24. Can I configure the timeout?

        • mushu999mushu