[xenu-usergroup] Code that reads zip files

  • Richard A. DeVenezia
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2005
      Tilman Hausherr wrote:
      > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:20:26 -0500, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:
      >> http://www.artpol-software.com/
      >> " The commercial license is available free of charge for using
      >> ZipArchive library in:
      >> - freeware software (freeware is software that is available free of
      >> charge, but which is copyrighted by the developer, who retains the
      >> right to control its redistribution and to sell it in the future)
      >> "
      >
      > But as soon as I sell it, I would have to publish the source code :-(

      There is always something else, mayhap http://www.zlib.net, maybe not MFC
      and directly .zip ready, but how far off could it be?
      Per zlib.h

      <quote>
      * zlib.h -- interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library
      version 1.0.4, Jul 24th, 1996.

      Copyright (C) 1995-1996 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler

      This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
      warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
      arising from the use of this software.

      Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
      including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
      freely, subject to the following restrictions:

      1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
      claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
      in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
      appreciated but is not required.
      2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
      misrepresented as being the original software.
      3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

      Jean-loup Gailly Mark Adler
      gzip@... madler@...
      </quote>

      Regardless,
      Thank you for Xenu, its a great piece of software.

      Richard
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 20, 2005
        Since yesterday, the 1.2g is no longer a "beta", and has been uploaded
        to its normal location. I'll make an "official" announcement tonight or
        tomorrow.
        http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
        http://home.snafu.de/tilman/XENU.ZIP

        Please save the previous version of XENU.EXE "just in case" :-)

        18.3.2004 (1.2g)
        Major improvements:
        - Attempt at javascript thanks to
        http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/Cpp/string/regex/article.php/c2779/
        details explained at
        http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#javascript
        Minor improvements:
        - Show elapsed time in status bar [15.1.2005 changed archiving format]
        - TARGET=_blank instead of TARGET=Xenu in report
        - New Version 2.44 of CSMTPConnection http://www.naughter.com/smtp.html
        - "//" in local files is always an error
        - mailed report as "XXXX.htm" instead of "XXXX.tmp.htm"
        - Version String in .XEN file
        - vTimeoutSimilarHosts() more efficient with huge sites
        - Faster local link checking (no copying to %temp% file)
        - HTTP_STATUS_REDIRECT_KEEP_VERB (307)
        - ERROR_INTERNET_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT_NEEDED (12044) error handling
        - passive ftp mode in orphan dialog box
        - Send XENU.INI file as mail test instead of CONFIG.SYS
        - Orphan check also for https://
        - "New" Dialogbox can be used to enter a ftp link (no crawling!)
        - Cookies allowed when [Options] AllowCookies=1
        don't use this if you have links that delete or change something!
        - (Test / by requests only) MSOEXCLUDE, PARSETEST
        Bug fixes:
        - better error handling for error 12003 in FTP orphan check
        - _findclose in local orphan check (to unlock directory!)
        - /> bug fixed in META REFRESH
        - &# handling in vReplaceAmpStuff() and in bProcessLink()
        - handle redirection target as a possibly relative link
        - No empty URLs in URL list
        - date, size for file:///
        - alexa, google cache and wayback only for http:// and https://
        - offset in ParseTag as int instead of short for tags > 64K
        - cut off after '?' in remote orphan check
        - exclude excluded URLs in Orphan list
        - WINVER 0x0400
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23, 2005
          hi tilman,

          i updated the history page of the online manual.

          please change 18.3.2004 (1.2g) into 18.3.2005 (1.2g) in your readme
          list.

          frank

          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23, 2005
            On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:22:28 -0000, frank visser wrote:

            >please change 18.3.2004 (1.2g) into 18.3.2005 (1.2g) in your readme
            >list.

            ooops :-(
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
              If you set this in XENU.INI

              [Options]
              ExcludeMSO=1

              Xenu will exclude URLs that end with

              /filelist.xml
              /editdata.mso
              /oledata.mso

              I forgot to mention it correctly in the whatsnew.txt file.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
                This is almost 5 years too late, but I finally had a look. This library
                just about compressing or uncompressing one file.

                What I'd need, is a C source code that can look in a .jar file, and can
                tell what's in it (just a directory + file list).

                Tilman

                On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:48:22 -0500, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:

                >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
                >> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:20:26 -0500, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:
                >>> http://www.artpol-software.com/
                >>> " The commercial license is available free of charge for using
                >>> ZipArchive library in:
                >>> - freeware software (freeware is software that is available free of
                >>> charge, but which is copyrighted by the developer, who retains the
                >>> right to control its redistribution and to sell it in the future)
                >>> "
                >>
                >> But as soon as I sell it, I would have to publish the source code :-(
                >
                >There is always something else, mayhap http://www.zlib.net, maybe not MFC
                >and directly .zip ready, but how far off could it be?
                >Per zlib.h
                >
                ><quote>
                >* zlib.h -- interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library
                > version 1.0.4, Jul 24th, 1996.
                >
                > Copyright (C) 1995-1996 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
                >
                > This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
                > warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
                > arising from the use of this software.
                >
                > Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
                > including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
                > freely, subject to the following restrictions:
                >
                > 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
                > claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
                > in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
                > appreciated but is not required.
                > 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
                > misrepresented as being the original software.
                > 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
                >
                > Jean-loup Gailly Mark Adler
                > gzip@... madler@...
                ></quote>
                >
                >Regardless,
                >Thank you for Xenu, its a great piece of software.
                >
                >Richard
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Daniel Norton
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
                  On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
                  What I'd need, is a C source code that can look in a .jar file, and can tell what's in it (just a directory + file list)

                  Won't Info-ZIP do it?

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Info-ZIP
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
                    Thanks, I had a short look at the text files. I was even able to compile
                    it (on the first attempt!) and get unzip.exe. When I have more time I'll
                    try to isolate what I need (I have to chose from 21 source files).
                    Thanks again!

                    Tilman

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 17, 2010
                      This was really huge. I think that I found something small:
                      http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_mfc/article.php/c4049/

                      And I also made a new beta that can work with a class in an APPLET
                      ARCHIVE