Java applet class incorrectly reported as a broken link

  • Richard A. DeVenezia
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2005
      Consider this applet tag

      <APPLET
      WIDTH="400"
      HEIGHT="300"
      CODE="schedule.round.robin.tournament.class"
      ARCHIVE="rrtv.jar"
      STYLE="border: solid thin black"

      Xeno reports
      ...foobar/schedule.round.robin.tournament.class
      error code: 404 (not found), linked from page(s):
      ...foobar/myApplet.html

      However, the ARCHIVE rrtv.jar contains the java class
      schedule/round/robin/tournament.class

      Would it be possible to make Xenu look in all the jars listed in the ARCHIVE= for the class named in the CODE= ?

      At present it seems Xenu is only examining the CODE= relative to the directory of the page.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2005
        On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:12:32 -0000, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:

        >Consider this applet tag
        >
        ><APPLET
        > WIDTH="400"
        > HEIGHT="300"
        > CODE="schedule.round.robin.tournament.class"
        > ARCHIVE="rrtv.jar"
        > STYLE="border: solid thin black"
        >>

        >Xeno reports
        >...foobar/schedule.round.robin.tournament.class
        >error code: 404 (not found), linked from page(s):
        > ...foobar/myApplet.html
        >
        >However, the ARCHIVE rrtv.jar contains the java class
        >schedule/round/robin/tournament.class
        >
        >Would it be possible to make Xenu look in all the jars listed in the ARCHIVE= for the class named in the CODE= ?
        >
        >At present it seems Xenu is only examining the CODE= relative to the directory of the page.

        Indeed. Xenu can't search the jar file. Now if someone has MFC code to
        search jar archives, I might think about it :)
      • Richard A. DeVenezia
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2005
          Tilman Hausherr wrote:
          > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:12:32 -0000, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:
          >

          >> Consider this applet tag
          >>
          >> <APPLET
          >> WIDTH="400"
          >> HEIGHT="300"
          >> CODE="schedule.round.robin.tournament.class"
          >> ARCHIVE="rrtv.jar"
          >> STYLE="border: solid thin black"
          >>>

          >> Xeno reports
          >> ...foobar/schedule.round.robin.tournament.class
          >> error code: 404 (not found), linked from page(s):
          >> ...foobar/myApplet.html
          >>
          >> However, the ARCHIVE rrtv.jar contains the java class
          >> schedule/round/robin/tournament.class
          >>
          >> Would it be possible to make Xenu look in all the jars listed in the
          >> ARCHIVE= for the class named in the CODE= ?
          >>
          >> At present it seems Xenu is only examining the CODE= relative to the
          >> directory of the page.
          >
          > Indeed. Xenu can't search the jar file. Now if someone has MFC code to
          > search jar archives, I might think about it :)

          Since a jar file is a zip file with a .jar extension instead of .zip, The
          ZipArchive library might work.
          http://www.artpol-software.com/

          The licensing page, http://www.artpol-software.com/zipdoc/pageLic.html,
          states

          " If you want to distribute software in a commercial context that
          incorporates ZipArchive and you do not want to meet the conditions of GNU
          GPL (e.g. an obligation to provide a customer with the source code of your
          software that uses the ZipArchive library), you need to acquire a commercial
          license."

          But goes on further to say

          " The commercial license is available free of charge for using ZipArchive
          library in:
          - freeware software (freeware is software that is available free of charge,
          but which is copyrighted by the developer, who retains the right to control
          its redistribution and to sell it in the future)
          "

          Hope that helps!

          Richard A. DeVenezia
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 15, 2005
            On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:20:26 -0500, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:

            >Since a jar file is a zip file with a .jar extension instead of .zip, The
            >ZipArchive library might work.
            >http://www.artpol-software.com/
            >
            >The licensing page, http://www.artpol-software.com/zipdoc/pageLic.html,
            >states
            >
            >" If you want to distribute software in a commercial context that
            >incorporates ZipArchive and you do not want to meet the conditions of GNU
            >GPL (e.g. an obligation to provide a customer with the source code of your
            >software that uses the ZipArchive library), you need to acquire a commercial
            >license."
            >
            >But goes on further to say
            >
            >" The commercial license is available free of charge for using ZipArchive
            >library in:
            >- freeware software (freeware is software that is available free of charge,
            >but which is copyrighted by the developer, who retains the right to control
            >its redistribution and to sell it in the future)
            >"

            But as soon as I sell it, I would have to publish the source code :-(