[xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

  • Catherine Mahe
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
      Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I still have not received
      the 1.2g version. I hope you can send it soon, since it has to be
      installed by our IT department. I feel hopeful that it will solve all
      my problems. By the way, I am spreading the word about Xenu. Everyone
      in my company is anxious to use it.

      Thanks again,

      Cathy Mahe

      >>> f.visser3@... 03/15/05 03:14AM >>>

      hi cathy,

      scanning your site with version 1.2g i found no special issues with
      secure links (btw, 307 should mean something like "temporary
      redirect", see:
      http://members.chello.nl/f.visser3/xenu/appendix3-server-error-
      messages.html

      here's the report:

      ok 9131 URLs 97.72%
      skip type 81 URLs 0.87%
      not found 73 URLs 0.78%
      no such host 39 URLs 0.42%
      timeout 10 URLs 0.11%
      server error 2 URLs 0.02%
      forbidden request 5 URLs 0.05%
      ambiguous 1 URLs 0.01%
      auth required 1 URLs 0.01%
      busy 1 URLs 0.01%
      Total 9344 URLs 100.00%

      i will mail you the 1.2g version separately.

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Mahe" <cmahe@a...>
      wrote:
      > I hope someone can help me. I just joined the user group and have
      not
      > been approved yet. But I hope someone can answer this after I am
      > approved.
      >
      > I have been using Xenu since 2001, when I worked for WORLDCOM.
      It has
      > always worked wonderfully. However, I just had it installed at my
      new
      > job, American Society for Industrial Security. Our IT people have
      done
      > all they could, but I keep getting an ERROR 307 message for all
      links
      > requiring a member password and User ID. It works fine for the
      public
      > pages.
      >
      > The main url for our site is http://www.asisonline.org
      >
      > If you run this, you will see the links with member-secure in them
      are
      > red and say error 307. What should I do? IT has installed the
      XENU.INI
      > file to enable cookies, however we have version 1.2f, and it says
      we
      > need 1.2g, not available on the download page.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated. We plan to use this
      software
      > for many departments and uses. It worked great at WORLDCOM.
      >
      > Thanks so much
      >
      > Cathy Mahe

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:
    • Catherine Mahe
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
        Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

        Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
        containing urls?

      • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
          > Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

          yes it can check existense of a PDF file, its size, last modified date etc
          but Xenu will not follow URLs contained in PDF document

          Xenu Link Sleuth will treat it just as any other binary file.
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
            On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:17:38 -0500, Catherine Mahe wrote:

            >Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?
            >
            >Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
            >containing urls?

            No, it only checks the existance.
          • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
              Hey man,
              I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
              and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
              So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
              other fools.

              Good luck

              -----�������� ���������-----
              ��: ijeoma onyinye [mailto:princess2rachealij@...]
              ����������: 2 ������ 2005 �. 21:41
              ����: Sattler,Eugeny,SAMARA,B&C
              ����: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

              DEAR EUGENE,
              I got your contact from xenu-usergroup. I also know that you may be a little
              bit supprised seeing this mail .I just felt I shoud give the chance of
              benefiting from the oil from the shores of africa.
              I am Dr JACKSON.G. OBASEKI the former group managing
              director NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLIUM CORPERATION
              (N.N.P.C) .
              I want to use this opportunity to inform you of my
              intention to open up
              an investment in any part of EUROPE that will be of
              good profit to me
              and my family, I need an EUROPEAN that will serve as
              my partner and
              adviser to this project ,I am budgeting the
              investment to cost me $25.5
              usd (twenty five million five hundred thousand united
              state dollar)and I
              want you to advice me on what I can invest on,
              although I have idea of
              some investments but I want to share ideas and
              compare before I will
              know what to invest on.
              If you have any contribution for me as regard to this
              investment you
              can reach me through my mail Box and forward to me
              your direct
              telephone/fax number for easy communication and I will
              furnish you with all
              you
              have to do for me in EUROPE ,As I am planing to leave
              AFRICA with my
              family to relocate to EUROPE for the investment by
              the end of next
              month.
              I will want somebody who is GOD fearing ,trustworthy,
              capable and reliable to handle this project for me and
              immediately you
              assure me of all this, I will rely on you to make this
              investment a
              reality and I assure.
              ANTICIPATING YOUR URGENT EPLY REMAIN BLESSED.
              Best Regard.
              Dr Jackson.G. Obaseki
              Group Managing Director (N.N.P.C

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:29:47 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.

                Yeah, but you still made the mistake to answer to *him* :-)

                Frank, please kick off princess2rachealij@... if he's a member.

                There are many Nigeria fun pages, one of them is this one:
                http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/
              • Rick Beton
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                  Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                  >Hey man,
                  >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                  >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                  >So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                  >other fools.

                  Well with that much experience, you'll know that you just need to chill
                  out. This is a mailing list: they almost certainly won't get your reply
                  so there's little point letting off steam at them. Yes, the people who
                  send spam are the dregs of society, or at least their moral standards
                  are -errm- uncivilised. But no, there's not much point telling the rest
                  of us about it. Sorry.

                  Rick
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                    yep, was a member, but now deleted.