[xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

  • Catherine Mahe
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
      Thank you so much. I think having the new version might solve our
      problems.

      Thanks again,

      Cathy Mahe

      >>> f.visser3@... 03/15/05 03:14AM >>>

      hi cathy,

      scanning your site with version 1.2g i found no special issues with
      secure links (btw, 307 should mean something like "temporary
      redirect", see:
      http://members.chello.nl/f.visser3/xenu/appendix3-server-error-
      messages.html

      here's the report:

      ok 9131 URLs 97.72%
      skip type 81 URLs 0.87%
      not found 73 URLs 0.78%
      no such host 39 URLs 0.42%
      timeout 10 URLs 0.11%
      server error 2 URLs 0.02%
      forbidden request 5 URLs 0.05%
      ambiguous 1 URLs 0.01%
      auth required 1 URLs 0.01%
      busy 1 URLs 0.01%
      Total 9344 URLs 100.00%

      i will mail you the 1.2g version separately.

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Mahe" <cmahe@a...>
      wrote:
      > I hope someone can help me. I just joined the user group and have
      not
      > been approved yet. But I hope someone can answer this after I am
      > approved.
      >
      > I have been using Xenu since 2001, when I worked for WORLDCOM.
      It has
      > always worked wonderfully. However, I just had it installed at my
      new
      > job, American Society for Industrial Security. Our IT people have
      done
      > all they could, but I keep getting an ERROR 307 message for all
      links
      > requiring a member password and User ID. It works fine for the
      public
      > pages.
      >
      > The main url for our site is http://www.asisonline.org
      >
      > If you run this, you will see the links with member-secure in them
      are
      > red and say error 307. What should I do? IT has installed the
      XENU.INI
      > file to enable cookies, however we have version 1.2f, and it says
      we
      > need 1.2g, not available on the download page.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated. We plan to use this
      software
      > for many departments and uses. It worked great at WORLDCOM.
      >
      > Thanks so much
      >
      > Cathy Mahe

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:
    • Catherine Mahe
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
        Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I still have not received
        the 1.2g version. I hope you can send it soon, since it has to be
        installed by our IT department. I feel hopeful that it will solve all
        my problems. By the way, I am spreading the word about Xenu. Everyone
        in my company is anxious to use it.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
          Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

          Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
          containing urls?

        • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
            > Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

            yes it can check existense of a PDF file, its size, last modified date etc
            but Xenu will not follow URLs contained in PDF document

            Xenu Link Sleuth will treat it just as any other binary file.
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
              On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:17:38 -0500, Catherine Mahe wrote:

              >Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?
              >
              >Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
              >containing urls?

              No, it only checks the existance.
            • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                Hey man,
                I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                other fools.

                Good luck

                -----�������� ���������-----
                ��: ijeoma onyinye [mailto:princess2rachealij@...]
                ����������: 2 ������ 2005 �. 21:41
                ����: Sattler,Eugeny,SAMARA,B&C
                ����: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

                DEAR EUGENE,
                I got your contact from xenu-usergroup. I also know that you may be a little
                bit supprised seeing this mail .I just felt I shoud give the chance of
                benefiting from the oil from the shores of africa.
                I am Dr JACKSON.G. OBASEKI the former group managing
                director NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLIUM CORPERATION
                (N.N.P.C) .
                I want to use this opportunity to inform you of my
                intention to open up
                an investment in any part of EUROPE that will be of
                good profit to me
                and my family, I need an EUROPEAN that will serve as
                my partner and
                adviser to this project ,I am budgeting the
                investment to cost me $25.5
                usd (twenty five million five hundred thousand united
                state dollar)and I
                want you to advice me on what I can invest on,
                although I have idea of
                some investments but I want to share ideas and
                compare before I will
                know what to invest on.
                If you have any contribution for me as regard to this
                investment you
                can reach me through my mail Box and forward to me
                your direct
                telephone/fax number for easy communication and I will
                furnish you with all
                you
                have to do for me in EUROPE ,As I am planing to leave
                AFRICA with my
                family to relocate to EUROPE for the investment by
                the end of next
                month.
                I will want somebody who is GOD fearing ,trustworthy,
                capable and reliable to handle this project for me and
                immediately you
                assure me of all this, I will rely on you to make this
                investment a
                reality and I assure.
                ANTICIPATING YOUR URGENT EPLY REMAIN BLESSED.
                Best Regard.
                Dr Jackson.G. Obaseki
                Group Managing Director (N.N.P.C

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                  On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:29:47 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                  >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                  >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.

                  Yeah, but you still made the mistake to answer to *him* :-)

                  Frank, please kick off princess2rachealij@... if he's a member.

                  There are many Nigeria fun pages, one of them is this one:
                  http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/
                • Rick Beton
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                    Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                    >Hey man,
                    >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                    >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                    >So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                    >other fools.

                    Well with that much experience, you'll know that you just need to chill
                    out. This is a mailing list: they almost certainly won't get your reply
                    so there's little point letting off steam at them. Yes, the people who
                    send spam are the dregs of society, or at least their moral standards
                    are -errm- uncivilised. But no, there's not much point telling the rest
                    of us about it. Sorry.

                    Rick
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                      yep, was a member, but now deleted.