Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
      I don't know when she sent her message before you approved it - possibly
      long ago? Because she also e-mailed me directly. The 307 problem has
      been solved (I hope so!) in the 1.2g version, which I sent her.

      Tilman

    • Catherine Mahe
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
        Thank you so much. I think having the new version might solve our
        problems.

        Thanks again,

        Cathy Mahe

        >>> f.visser3@... 03/15/05 03:14AM >>>

        wrote:
        > I hope someone can help me. I just joined the user group and have
        not
        > been approved yet. But I hope someone can answer this after I am
        > approved.
        >
        > I have been using Xenu since 2001, when I worked for WORLDCOM.
        It has
        > always worked wonderfully. However, I just had it installed at my
        new
        > job, American Society for Industrial Security. Our IT people have
        done
        > all they could, but I keep getting an ERROR 307 message for all
        links
        > requiring a member password and User ID. It works fine for the
        public
        > pages.
        >
        > The main url for our site is http://www.asisonline.org
        >
        > If you run this, you will see the links with member-secure in them
        are
        > red and say error 307. What should I do? IT has installed the
        XENU.INI
        > file to enable cookies, however we have version 1.2f, and it says
        we
        > need 1.2g, not available on the download page.
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated. We plan to use this
        software
        > for many departments and uses. It worked great at WORLDCOM.
        >
        > Thanks so much
        >
        > Cathy Mahe

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:
      • Catherine Mahe
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
          Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I still have not received
          the 1.2g version. I hope you can send it soon, since it has to be
          installed by our IT department. I feel hopeful that it will solve all
          my problems. By the way, I am spreading the word about Xenu. Everyone
          in my company is anxious to use it.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
            On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:43:49 -0500, Catherine Mahe wrote:

            >Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I still have not received
            >the 1.2g version. I hope you can send it soon, since it has to be
            >installed by our IT department. I feel hopeful that it will solve all
            >my problems. By the way, I am spreading the word about Xenu. Everyone
            >in my company is anxious to use it.

            Catherine,

            Here's what I wrote you:

            ======

            To: "Catherine Mahe" <cmahe@...>
            Subject: Re: LinkSleuthBug
            From: Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
            Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:47:47 +0100

            Try again with this version (1.2g), I did something for 307. (Yes, the
            1.2g isn't released, but the documentation mentions it already)

            ======

            I guess your ISP blocks mails with attachments. You can download the
            1.2g version here:

            Please answer me so that I know my mail isn't blocked as well.

            I'll release the 1.2g version around next week.

            Tilman
          • Catherine Mahe
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
              Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

              Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
              containing urls?

            • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
                > Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

                yes it can check existense of a PDF file, its size, last modified date etc
                but Xenu will not follow URLs contained in PDF document

                Xenu Link Sleuth will treat it just as any other binary file.
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
                  On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:17:38 -0500, Catherine Mahe wrote:

                  >Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?
                  >
                  >Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
                  >containing urls?

                  No, it only checks the existance.
                • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                    Hey man,
                    I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                    and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                    So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                    other fools.

                    Good luck

                    -----�������� ���������-----
                    ��: ijeoma onyinye [mailto:princess2rachealij@...]
                    ����������: 2 ������ 2005 �. 21:41
                    ����: Sattler,Eugeny,SAMARA,B&C
                    ����: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

                    DEAR EUGENE,
                    I got your contact from xenu-usergroup. I also know that you may be a little
                    bit supprised seeing this mail .I just felt I shoud give the chance of
                    benefiting from the oil from the shores of africa.
                    I am Dr JACKSON.G. OBASEKI the former group managing
                    director NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLIUM CORPERATION
                    (N.N.P.C) .
                    I want to use this opportunity to inform you of my
                    intention to open up
                    an investment in any part of EUROPE that will be of
                    good profit to me
                    and my family, I need an EUROPEAN that will serve as
                    my partner and
                    adviser to this project ,I am budgeting the
                    investment to cost me $25.5
                    usd (twenty five million five hundred thousand united
                    state dollar)and I
                    want you to advice me on what I can invest on,
                    although I have idea of
                    some investments but I want to share ideas and
                    compare before I will
                    know what to invest on.
                    If you have any contribution for me as regard to this
                    investment you
                    can reach me through my mail Box and forward to me
                    your direct
                    telephone/fax number for easy communication and I will
                    furnish you with all
                    you
                    have to do for me in EUROPE ,As I am planing to leave
                    AFRICA with my
                    family to relocate to EUROPE for the investment by
                    the end of next
                    month.
                    I will want somebody who is GOD fearing ,trustworthy,
                    capable and reliable to handle this project for me and
                    immediately you
                    assure me of all this, I will rely on you to make this
                    investment a
                    reality and I assure.
                    ANTICIPATING YOUR URGENT EPLY REMAIN BLESSED.
                    Best Regard.
                    Dr Jackson.G. Obaseki
                    Group Managing Director (N.N.P.C

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                      On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:29:47 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                      >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                      >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.

                      Yeah, but you still made the mistake to answer to *him* :-)

                      Frank, please kick off princess2rachealij@... if he's a member.

                      There are many Nigeria fun pages, one of them is this one:
                      http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/
                    • Rick Beton
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                        Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                        >Hey man,
                        >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                        >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                        >So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                        >other fools.

                        Well with that much experience, you'll know that you just need to chill
                        out. This is a mailing list: they almost certainly won't get your reply
                        so there's little point letting off steam at them. Yes, the people who
                        send spam are the dregs of society, or at least their moral standards
                        are -errm- uncivilised. But no, there's not much point telling the rest
                        of us about it. Sorry.

                        Rick
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                          yep, was a member, but now deleted.