Problems with Password Protected URLs

  • Catherine Mahe
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 14, 2005
      I hope someone can help me. I just joined the user group and have not
      been approved yet. But I hope someone can answer this after I am
      approved.

      I have been using Xenu since 2001, when I worked for WORLDCOM. It has
      always worked wonderfully. However, I just had it installed at my new
      job, American Society for Industrial Security. Our IT people have done
      all they could, but I keep getting an ERROR 307 message for all links
      requiring a member password and User ID. It works fine for the public
      pages.

      The main url for our site is http://www.asisonline.org

      If you run this, you will see the links with member-secure in them are
      red and say error 307. What should I do? IT has installed the XENU.INI
      file to enable cookies, however we have version 1.2f, and it says we
      need 1.2g, not available on the download page.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated. We plan to use this software
      for many departments and uses. It worked great at WORLDCOM.

      Thanks so much

      Cathy Mahe
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
        hi cathy,

        scanning your site with version 1.2g i found no special issues with
        secure links (btw, 307 should mean something like "temporary
        redirect", see:
        http://members.chello.nl/f.visser3/xenu/appendix3-server-error-
        messages.html

        here's the report:

        ok 9131 URLs 97.72%
        skip type 81 URLs 0.87%
        not found 73 URLs 0.78%
        no such host 39 URLs 0.42%
        timeout 10 URLs 0.11%
        server error 2 URLs 0.02%
        forbidden request 5 URLs 0.05%
        ambiguous 1 URLs 0.01%
        auth required 1 URLs 0.01%
        busy 1 URLs 0.01%
        Total 9344 URLs 100.00%

        i will mail you the 1.2g version separately.

        frank

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Mahe" <cmahe@a...>

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
          I don't know when she sent her message before you approved it - possibly
          long ago? Because she also e-mailed me directly. The 307 problem has
          been solved (I hope so!) in the 1.2g version, which I sent her.

          Tilman

        • Catherine Mahe
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
            Thank you so much. I think having the new version might solve our
            problems.

            Thanks again,

            Cathy Mahe

            >>> f.visser3@... 03/15/05 03:14AM >>>

            wrote:
            > I hope someone can help me. I just joined the user group and have
            not
            > been approved yet. But I hope someone can answer this after I am
            > approved.
            >
            > I have been using Xenu since 2001, when I worked for WORLDCOM.
            It has
            > always worked wonderfully. However, I just had it installed at my
            new
            > job, American Society for Industrial Security. Our IT people have
            done
            > all they could, but I keep getting an ERROR 307 message for all
            links
            > requiring a member password and User ID. It works fine for the
            public
            > pages.
            >
            > The main url for our site is http://www.asisonline.org
            >
            > If you run this, you will see the links with member-secure in them
            are
            > red and say error 307. What should I do? IT has installed the
            XENU.INI
            > file to enable cookies, however we have version 1.2f, and it says
            we
            > need 1.2g, not available on the download page.
            >
            > Any help would be greatly appreciated. We plan to use this
            software
            > for many departments and uses. It worked great at WORLDCOM.
            >
            > Thanks so much
            >
            > Cathy Mahe

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            To visit your group on the web, go to:
          • Catherine Mahe
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
              Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I still have not received
              the 1.2g version. I hope you can send it soon, since it has to be
              installed by our IT department. I feel hopeful that it will solve all
              my problems. By the way, I am spreading the word about Xenu. Everyone
              in my company is anxious to use it.

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
                On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:43:49 -0500, Catherine Mahe wrote:

                >Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice. I still have not received
                >the 1.2g version. I hope you can send it soon, since it has to be
                >installed by our IT department. I feel hopeful that it will solve all
                >my problems. By the way, I am spreading the word about Xenu. Everyone
                >in my company is anxious to use it.

                Catherine,

                Here's what I wrote you:

                ======

                To: "Catherine Mahe" <cmahe@...>
                Subject: Re: LinkSleuthBug
                From: Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
                Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:47:47 +0100

                Try again with this version (1.2g), I did something for 307. (Yes, the
                1.2g isn't released, but the documentation mentions it already)

                ======

                I guess your ISP blocks mails with attachments. You can download the
                1.2g version here:

                Please answer me so that I know my mail isn't blocked as well.

                I'll release the 1.2g version around next week.

                Tilman
              • Catherine Mahe
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
                  Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

                  Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
                  containing urls?

                • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
                    > Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?

                    yes it can check existense of a PDF file, its size, last modified date etc
                    but Xenu will not follow URLs contained in PDF document

                    Xenu Link Sleuth will treat it just as any other binary file.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
                      On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:17:38 -0500, Catherine Mahe wrote:

                      >Can Xenu check urls ending with PDF?
                      >
                      >Also, can you use the browse button to check word and other files
                      >containing urls?

                      No, it only checks the existance.
                    • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                        Hey man,
                        I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                        and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                        So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                        other fools.

                        Good luck

                        -----�������� ���������-----
                        ��: ijeoma onyinye [mailto:princess2rachealij@...]
                        ����������: 2 ������ 2005 �. 21:41
                        ����: Sattler,Eugeny,SAMARA,B&C
                        ����: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Problems with Password Protected URLs

                        DEAR EUGENE,
                        I got your contact from xenu-usergroup. I also know that you may be a little
                        bit supprised seeing this mail .I just felt I shoud give the chance of
                        benefiting from the oil from the shores of africa.
                        I am Dr JACKSON.G. OBASEKI the former group managing
                        director NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLIUM CORPERATION
                        (N.N.P.C) .
                        I want to use this opportunity to inform you of my
                        intention to open up
                        an investment in any part of EUROPE that will be of
                        good profit to me
                        and my family, I need an EUROPEAN that will serve as
                        my partner and
                        adviser to this project ,I am budgeting the
                        investment to cost me $25.5
                        usd (twenty five million five hundred thousand united
                        state dollar)and I
                        want you to advice me on what I can invest on,
                        although I have idea of
                        some investments but I want to share ideas and
                        compare before I will
                        know what to invest on.
                        If you have any contribution for me as regard to this
                        investment you
                        can reach me through my mail Box and forward to me
                        your direct
                        telephone/fax number for easy communication and I will
                        furnish you with all
                        you
                        have to do for me in EUROPE ,As I am planing to leave
                        AFRICA with my
                        family to relocate to EUROPE for the investment by
                        the end of next
                        month.
                        I will want somebody who is GOD fearing ,trustworthy,
                        capable and reliable to handle this project for me and
                        immediately you
                        assure me of all this, I will rely on you to make this
                        investment a
                        reality and I assure.
                        ANTICIPATING YOUR URGENT EPLY REMAIN BLESSED.
                        Best Regard.
                        Dr Jackson.G. Obaseki
                        Group Managing Director (N.N.P.C

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                          On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:29:47 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                          >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                          >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.

                          Yeah, but you still made the mistake to answer to *him* :-)

                          Frank, please kick off princess2rachealij@... if he's a member.

                          There are many Nigeria fun pages, one of them is this one:
                          http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/
                        • Rick Beton
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                            Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

                            >Hey man,
                            >I am not a newbie in this Internet, in fact I am a surfer since 1997.
                            >and I know very well what the nigerian scheme is and how it works.
                            >So my good advise to you is: don't waste you time on me. You better seek for
                            >other fools.

                            Well with that much experience, you'll know that you just need to chill
                            out. This is a mailing list: they almost certainly won't get your reply
                            so there's little point letting off steam at them. Yes, the people who
                            send spam are the dregs of society, or at least their moral standards
                            are -errm- uncivilised. But no, there's not much point telling the rest
                            of us about it. Sorry.

                            Rick
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                              yep, was a member, but now deleted.